< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Administration to propose steps on gun safety  (Read 936 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Administration to propose steps on gun safety
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »
Administration to propose steps on gun safety

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-07-08-obama-gun-control-safety-giffords_n.htm

WASHINGTON (AP)  — Six months after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot, the White House is preparing to propose some new steps on gun safety, though they're likely to fall short of the bold measures activists would like to see.

~read more at the link~
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Administration to propose steps on gun safety
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »
Notice how they're calling it "gun safety" now, instead of "gun control".

:angry:

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »
Notice how they're calling it "gun safety" now, instead of "gun control".

:angry:

Of course they are.  It's a lot harder to be against "gun safety" than it is to be against "gun control".  Words matter and if we let the anti-self defense folks define the terms of the argument, we lose before the game even begins. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline nebraskaguns

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 06:09:33 PM »
It amazes me that our government and a certain population of the civilians in this country, can not look at the other countries that have strict gun control laws and come to the realization that, gun control just takes the guns out of the hands of the law abiding people and leaves them defenseless.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »
It amazes me that our government and a certain population of the civilians in this country, can not look at the other countries that have strict gun control laws and come to the realization that, gun control just takes the guns out of the hands of the law abiding people and leaves them defenseless.

It really makes one wonder... Maybe that is exactly their point!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »

I found this site that gave me a refresher course in world history.

http://americainchains2009.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/dictators-and-gun-control/

Make up your mind.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan