< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: So...what do you all do?  (Read 12722 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: So...what do you all do?
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 01:42:49 PM »
Full time Dad (5 kids and now a foreign exchange student for the next 8-10 months) and Part time wood floor contractor ....... though lately, "part" has changed to "most" ...... been busier than a one legged man at an arse kickin' contest......  and I have several hundred rounds of practice ammo to load this week for the kiddoes to tune up for deer season...... and now more car repairs..... it never ends, or even slows down.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 02:25:37 PM »
Full time Dad (5 kids and now a foreign exchange student for the next 8-10 months) and Part time wood floor contractor ....... though lately, "part" has changed to "most" ...... been busier than a one legged man at an arse kickin' contest......  and I have several hundred rounds of practice ammo to load this week for the kiddoes to tune up for deer season...... and now more car repairs..... it never ends, or even slows down.

Just curious JimP...where is your exchange student from?  Wondering if they are dumfounded by your firearms.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »
Italy, Pisa area.......and has expressed interest in joining the HS Trap Team.

Never shot a gun in her life, but is "willing to learn"......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
Assistant restaurant manager, job sucks and the hours are terrible, but thats okay the pay is worse  ;D
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »
Italy, Pisa area.......and has expressed interest in joining the HS Trap Team.

Never shot a gun in her life, but is "willing to learn"......
Well then she has the right attitude about it then, and definitely ended up with the right hosts...
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline gwilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »
Radio.....on air & program director for a network of stations in NE, KS & SD.

Barely enough $ to support this habit though :o ......married off two daughters in the last 13 months & counting the days my shooting-partner-friend-son gets back home from Afghanistan!

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »
I am a pastor and men's ministry leader here in the Heartland! There are a number of "Pistol Packin' Pastors" around and I am one of them!    ;D

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »
For many years I did carpentry work, remodeling, finish work, cabinetry. I have my own cabinet shop at my home.
Then the homebuilding business went to $#*t and I was forced to look for a real job.
 I worked for a while as a security person, and now am an operations tech for a large corn plant. My particular job involves making artificial sweetners out of corn sugar/dextrose.
No, I do not miss the woodworking trade, but I sometimes miss being my own boss.
The hardest thing about shutting down a small business was getting the State off my back. Workforce Development, Contractor Licensing, Sales Tax etc. I would think I had told them all I was done, then I would get another notice from Lincoln and have to call, or send some notorized form in.
What a PITA..

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline y0diggity

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »
I'm a major incident analyst, which means I help get things back on track for my company when things stop working. My team is located almost entirely in the UK and India, so I rarely ever hear an American accent during my working days. It's not glamorous work, but it pays the bills pretty handily so I keep doing it until I can find something that I don't hate quite as much but still pays as well. :)
That which does not kill us was not trained properly.

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
I am a librarian.  Been doing that for since 04.

Rod
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline RipTombstone

• NFOA Full Member
  • 44 spoke and sent lead and smoke and 17" of flame
    • Plum Creek Leatherworks
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »
I am a storekeeper/purchasing agent/water operator for a small city in central Nebraska. Basically I answer the phone all day, and make sure that the crews have the supplies and tools they need for the jobs they do.
I am also the father of an awesome 2 year old boy, and have been married to a great shooter/wife for 11 years already.

For fun, its cowboy action shooting, reloading, and lots of leatherwork. I have a small side business building leather holsters. Most of what I do is cowboy action related, but have been branching out into the modern world a little bit recently. What I really enjoy doing is recreating vintage 1800s holsters, and using the same techniques that our ancestors used. (<---strange, but true)

Rt
SASS Life 51139
http://www.freewebs.com/daltonmasterson/plumcreekleatherworks.htm

Facebook me at Plum Creek Leatherworks

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »
I'm the sole IT Systems Administrator at a local company. If it's related to technology it likely falls under my domain. As you can imagine, some days are quite hectic. Others are easy and laid back. Really depends on what the heck people managed to break! Haha.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »
I'm currently an unemployed Network\Systems Administrator, so if you know of someone that is looking for an excellent IT guy in the Omaha area, I'm it.  Just pm me.

Offline Bigtony

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
I work for a printing co. in Lincoln.  I'm one of a couple guys that do it all (print, bind, and warehousing).   

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
I'm a retired Air Force First Sergeant. After that I worked in security for 12 years, the latter 6 as an armed officer/trainer/manager. Followed that with 4 years as an Over-The-Road driver of semi tractor trailer on the national board for two major companies. Drove in all of the 48 contiguous states. Been fully retired since Feb 2008.
WØCHF

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14:14 PM »
Thanx for your Service Greybeard. 
Side note: you riding tomorrow? I'll be the sorry sucker in the cage. :(
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 09:21:37 PM »
Thanx for your Service Greybeard. 
Side note: you riding tomorrow? I'll be the sorry sucker in the cage. :(

Second that.
and also, not riding tommorrow, financials would not allow it.  Spirit rides with all who arrive to pay thier respects to the young PO1 that gave his life in service of his country. 
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 12:24:36 AM »
I perform field service for a distributor of this equipment.
http://www.shimadzu.com/products/medical/index.html
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 01:18:08 PM »
Correction: Her mother lives in Trieste now, and that's where she went to school last year.

We'll be going shooting Sunday..... this should be great!

Offline doublegg

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »
Have been turning wrenches since 91-before that I fired cannons for the Army