< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Canton OH City Council President Speaks about CCW incident  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: Canton OH City Council President Speaks about CCW incident
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:02:49 AM »
He is part of the problem, not part of the solution.  With attitudes like this on the City Council its no wonder the city's officers act the way they do.  Like they say s*** rolls downhill...
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:15:49 AM »
WOW!
Yeah I sure wouldn't want to be packing in a crime ridden neighborhood, should I have to be there!
I'll just pray to GOD the jacked-up LEO in the video get's there in time. 
Tell ya what Mr City Council President, you fix it so there is absolutely, without a doubt no crime or violence in your "fine" city, I will happily leave my firearm at home in the safe where you believe it should stay!
Ok gotta go.......
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »
Boy, that promise to not say anything about "this particular incident...or the person who was stopped" only held up for about five seconds.  Not bad for a politician.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 10:16:30 AM »
In the worst suituations (0130 in a bad part of town!) , that is EXACTLTY when you NEED to Carry.

This twit ignores the fact that if the jackbooted thug had done his job civily and professionally, this would not have blown up into what it has.

This guy is an enabler of TheOnlyOnes mentality who insists that only The Government can protect you.

The Government can't even balance it's check book.

"The Government will protect you."  HA!  The Government is made of people and people fail...... especially when they are more interested in their power and keeping their job than doing the job.

"The Government will protect you."   HA!   Ask those folks that have been flooded out along the Missouri River by a 60+ year multi-BILLION dollar program that promised to end flooding on the Missouri river...... 3 to 5 times in that  60 years, by "100 year flood events" ......HA!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »
Let's see... no fan of the right to self-defense unless it's done in his idea of an "approved area." 

No fan of the right to the freedom of expression unless it's done by citizens only in an "approved geographical location."

A Leftist? Maybe.  A Statist?  Perhaps.   An Authoritarian?  Definitely. 

I don't believe people with this kind of mindset should hold public office... anywhere.

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 12:03:39 PM »
"J.A.S.L."  ....just another slimy lawyer.....

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
Common Sense Reasonable.... Keeping your Police Officers under control is what needs to happen, Mr Council President. What a JackBALL.

Again as I said before, absolutely no excuse for that Officers behavior.......... However this permit holder wasn't doing himself any favors associating with a prostitute in the middle of the road at 1:30am in the morning.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
This recording makes me just as angry as the actually dash-cam footage. Why do these politicians feel that lashing out with anger does any good?
All that he’s done is infuriate everyone that originally wanted to light the torches and get the pitchforks out. My pitchfork is ready.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
I couldn't even listen to the whole thing.  That guy is such a tool it's just beyond believable.   >:D
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »
Guess I won't be going anytime soon to the Football Hall of  Fame, I'm sure alot of Canton's revenue come from tourist, so this "public" official maybe ought to rethink slamming out of towner...