General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Any motorcycle riders in here?

<< < (3/13) > >>

PhilK:

--- Quote from: oldbikewrench on January 22, 2009, 10:26:10 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: oldbikewrench on January 22, 2009, 10:26:10 PM ---I ride and been at it for 30 plus years. My wife rides and so does her now 73 year old dad. This past fall I took my nearly 4 year old for her first ride. She dug it hard!
Anyway I am for helmets, like real helmets not chilli bowls, 1/2 and 3/4 helmets are acceptable. And the reason I am that way is because I do not care to pay for someone elses medical bills. I like to help folks out but I would like to be asked first. A lot of riders/owners do not even have a motorcycle license let alone insurance. If that person gets hurt and they have no insurance guess who pays for it, not to mention the bad rap the other riders take because of it. Just like when there is a gun related accident. Doesn't matter what the facts are all guns are bad or that seems to be what a lot of non gun owners think.
If there was a way to keep uninsured/unlicensed folks off of bikes then that would be different. Though I would still wear my full face helmets.

--- End quote ---

Mine are: 1999 XL1200S, 2002 "put it together myself" rigid, 2004 GL1800

Is that a V65 Magna the lady is astride?  I always loved how fast those were.

oldbikewrench:
Yes that is or was my wifes V65 MAGNA. When we decided to start adding to the family we sold it. And that was 5 years ago.
Are children are now 4 years and the youngest is 21 months old. And we are stopping there. So my wife will start riding again this year. We are looking for a bike that she likes, of course none of mine or what I like is what she likes.
But first there is a Taurus Judge for her in the immediate future.

Jay:
Found a couple pics of our old ratrods. We had to sell them a while back when things were real tight, but I hope to back in the saddle so to speak by next summer. This has been the longest I have ever been without a bike, and I don't like it.

My Dyna Lowrider that I had the evolution built in, then cut up and spray painted. Kinda made a death trap out of it (it was screaming fast for an evo), but that is my style. It sure was purty when I bought it, but I took care of that right away.  8)

Kim's CB550. It was already ratty when we bought it, we just helped it along.

I'll spare you the tons of pics of all my old dirt bikes...

Dan W:
 this was 30 years ago.... i feel old

Kim:
Oh the flat black rattle can days.........makes me all misty remembering  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version