General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Any motorcycle riders in here?

<< < (10/13) > >>

FarmerRick:
Well, the KLR650 will be going down the road to a new owner(soon, I hope) and is being replaced by this:

1983 Interstate with 64,000 miles.  It needs a little TLC, but is in darn good shape for being nearly 30 years old.  MUCH smoother ride than the KLR, though it probably won't be nearly as much fun in traffic or on gravel roads.

Jesse T:
Cool bike! If you're looking for a buyer for the KLR, I may be interested, have you changed it at all since you got it last year?

omaharj:

--- Quote from: Hermit on August 28, 2009, 02:41:34 AM ---Oddly enough, my first post here is not about firearms, but motorcycles.  Weird.  I have two bikes, a 1979 Suzuki GS 750 and a 1978 Suzuki GS 750 that is a sort of on again, off again "turn it into a sort of cafe racer style" project bike. 

As for helmets, do whatever you want (IMO) but I'm going to keep wearing a full face all the time.  Even when over in Iowa.  My face is too pretty to mess up.  At least that's what I tell the wife.  Not sure if she agrees or not.

--- End quote ---
If this is Blake, I think we went on a GS ride about 4 years ago. I had a GS 1100 at the time. I'm riding a BMW 1100 RT as my daily rider now. Still have a couple others that I play with but use the Beemer as regular transportation.
   As far as helmets,helmet laws are a civil rights issue,wearing a helmet is a safety issue. I wear all the gear all the time. That's MY personal decision.   RJ
  BTW- if Hermit ISN'T Blake you have some great bikes. I'm a fan of the old school 4 cylinder Zukes.

NE Bull:
Newbie rider here. Recently purchased a not quite brand new 82 Maxim 650.  :tool: great (cheap) transportation. Got my license on second try.  Now I don't feel so out of place with the PGR. I had all kinds of excuses and reasons for getting a bike, but , like firearms, need really has nothing to do with it, I just wanted a big boy's bike!

Hermit:
omaharj, yes, that's me!  Great memory!  I remember that ride fondly.  The only bike that wouldn't start after lunch was the modern bike (GSX 750), heh.  Well, it wasn't funny for the owner....

I actually haven't been to the GSresources in ages....in fact, I think my user id and all that has expired.  I still have the bike(s) but haven't ridden much this summer, I'm a frail and delicate flower and hate the heat like we've had most of the summer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version