< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hey...It's nice out  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Hey...It's nice out
« on: August 14, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Get off your ass and go to the range ;D

I will be at Lincoln Ikes this afternoon with my son shootin' every rifle we own
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Hey...It's nice out
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »
Sounds like great afternoon, Dan. Woulda liked to do that myself, but we had a mission today, friend of a friend.  Got too many more coming up so range time will be limited.   
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »
I rode 225 miles and went to see my godson turn 2 years old. 

it was a good day.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
it was an awesome day!  my wife and drove back to my parent's place.  i worked on my deer plot and trail camera then had a nice late afternoon remembering a friend who passed away a few years ago.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »
Your right, Dan. Spent the afternoon competing in cowboy fast draw. It's been a couple months so I was real rusty but a bad day at the range is still better than a good day most other places.
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »
Did the guest thing today at ENGC. Saw a little cowboy-action. Shot a few 22 short, more 22LR, some 9x18, a few 40 s&w, very few 30-30 win, and 45 LC. A virtual smorgasboard of ammo on a perfect afternoon. 8)
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
I spent six hours in a rented car and drove a little over 400 miles. :(

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »
Took my adult daughter over to Council Bluffs Rifle and Pistol Club this excellent afternoon and introduced her to the fine art of pistol shooting:

.38 S&W Model 19 wadcutters and Beretta PT-21A .22LR mouse gun.

Practiced good range safety procedures, stance & grip, and good, solid target shooting.

First time she ever fired a gun.    [First time she ever showed any interest, or I'da shown her a long, long time ago.]

Turns out she's a naturally good pistol handler and very good shooter.

She'll attend my Concealed Handgun Permit class shortly.

Great way to spend the afternoon on this fine day.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 10:42:15 PM »
As it turned out my granddaughter got the stomach flu and the whole crew was sick :( , so my son missed the fun of shooting, but he also got out of cleaning 3 AR15's and 3 Glocks :-\

I hit the jackpot on 9mm brass left at the pistol lanes 8)
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 08:54:54 AM »
Saturday, I went shooting with my brother, dad, neice, and cousin in the area of the Hayman fire north and west of Colorado Springs....... getting my dad back into shooting- his neighborhood is "going south" and he wanted a gun for home protection.

I built a reloading bench for my brother and got him set up to reload for dad, lent dad a .357 and took him shopping to buy a GunVault and some .38+P's.  Dad shot up the 250 bullets we bought (and reloaded) for him in two trips shooting...... he's still a pretty good shot, but has some bad habits to break- (tea-cup grip, anyone?) ......

I also worked up a load for my latest purchase ...... a Ruger Frontier in 7-08, Leupold 2.5 IER socpe ..... that thing is a hoot, especially with the reduced recoil loads (38 gr IMR 4064 behind a Hornady 139 gr soft point, for about 2400 f/sec) that I worked up for The Boy to hunt deer with next fall.....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »
I spent the weekend packing, and get to spend this weekend moving, and of course the next weekend unpacking.  This time we got smart and are using 2 Men and A Truck.  I detest moving house.

OTOH, the wife has given me the OK to build another loading bench at the new place and I get to keep the one I have set up now for "projects".  Not sure if that is a good thing or not.  :)

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX