General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Storm Damage

<< < (3/3)

kozball:

--- Quote from: Wesley D on August 20, 2011, 07:06:52 PM ---Wife's new truck got about half a dozen hail dents over in CB.  Anyone ever used the dry ice trick to get the dents to pop back out on a vehicle? 

--- End quote ---

Story is that it does work, but I think the vehicle needs to be really hot, like sitting in the sun for a while, then I think you do circles around the dent and make your way to the center still doing circles. If doesn't work, there is a mobile PDR guy that is at our store every week doing used cars. I could get you his info if needed. He does good work, don't know about $$$$$

Wesley D:

--- Quote from: kozball on August 20, 2011, 08:25:31 PM ---Story is that it does work, but I think the vehicle needs to be really hot, like sitting in the sun for a while, then I think you do circles around the dent and make your way to the center still doing circles. If doesn't work, there is a mobile PDR guy that is at our store every week doing used cars. I could get you his info if needed. He does good work, don't know about $$$$$

--- End quote ---

Well, we did get her Honda from you guys, koz. ;) Let me try dry ice first and if that doesn't work, I'll be looking for your guy's contact info.

AAllen:
Wes the dry ice work lnike Koz discribed, but it dies not remove the streching that happens to the metal when dented, so there is still a slight dent there.  I have also heard that the paint in these spots, due to the metal changing shape, can release and cause it to chip off.  If I have insurance I would spend the extra and have it done professionally on a new or newer vehicle.  If its a 1990 f-150 that you just got for $500 then I might got the dry ice method.  Part of the reason is it needs to be a very hot day with the vehicle having spent a long time in the direct sun before it works.

bkoenig:
We got lucky at our house in Lincoln, but mom & dad 3 hours north of here had some crop damage from the hail  :(

That's the life of a farmer....no need to go to Vegas when every day is a gamble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version