< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB 430 Amend the Concealed Handgun Permit Act and state the power of cities a  (Read 4045 times)

Offline FredG

• NFOA Full Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but if I read LB430 correctly, if passed it will blow Omaha's gun registration out the back door!  I hope.  Just sent an email to Senator Tom White urging his support of this bill.  However, I have never received a reply from him on anything and have no idea where he stands on any handgun related issues.

Offline FredG

• NFOA Full Member
I live in District 8 and Senator Tom White represents the district, though I have no clue what he stands for and he has never responded to civil emails and requests for information.  I just sent this email to Senator Christensen:

Dear Senator Christensen:

I applaud your spirit and courage in tackling sometimes unpopular issues, and I appreciate your support of the 2nd amendment in introducing bill LB430.  This should remove all doubt from the small minds of the officials in the 13 Nebraska towns and cities that have chosen to interpret the CCW law in their own way in spite of our Attorney General's ruling.  Sometimes you have to draw them a picture and your bill is the artwork.   I have also contacted my senator Tom White urging his support.  Thanks for all that you do.

Fred Gilbert
5427 Parker St
Omaha, NE

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
DanW and FarmerRick: Amanda McGill is no responding to my e-mail requesting where she stands.  She knows where I stand.  Interestingly, throughout the summer and fall when the Lincoln Journal Star sent surveys at various times to all Senators on various issues, Amanda McGill repeatedly and consistently was reported as the only Senator who did NOT respond to their surveys!

FregG: Back in February 2008 I wrote to each Senator to support LB 958 at that time re CCW permits, and he wrote back the following:

• Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me regarding LB 958.  As an avid hunter and gun enthusiast, I am a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment rights.  LB 958 has been amended drastically from its original form.  I will watch the this bill with great concern.

Please know that I appreciate your thoughts and look forward to hearing from you in the future on other issues facing the Legislature.

Very truly yours,
    Tom White

So I believe, FredG, that you can count on Tom White to be a supporter of LB 430; unfortunately, he is NOT on the Judiciary Committee.  And I am not so sure that there are ample numbers of supporters on the Judiciary Committee to even have LB 430 come out of committee.  There may need to be pressure put on the anti- or not sure folks by other Senators...and that will only happen if we and other pro-gunnies we know will write to their respective representatives to put the pressure on at least the "not sure" folks.

By my count and experience: supporters of the 8 committee members are Christensen, Coash, and Lautenbaugh; antis- are Ashford, Lanthrop, and Council; unknowns ("not sure") are McGill and Rogert.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Aldo, perhaps a snail mail with a request for an reply.
Include your email address.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775