General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

I am gonna start me an army

<< < (3/4) > >>

omaharj:
Congratulations! 7 grandkids, spoiling them all can be a full time job. ;D RJ

Dan W:
Yes I have one granddaughter, so we will see if she shows interest.

Went to Omaha to visit today, and during a break I went to Cabela's to look at a Marlin 795. Last time I was there they were out.

So I get this kid at the counter, must be his first day.. ::)

He pulls the rifle out of the box, but that is where the fun began. I asked how many mags?

Just the one he says, so I ask if they have any more to sell. He comes back in about 5 minutes and jams a Mossberg Plinkster mag into the hole and it gets stuck. :o I point out the obvious problem and he mutters something about them looking the same.

So I change tactics and ask about a Marlin model 60, "just the price " I said. (I was scared of what he might do next)

So after a few minutes of head scratching he tells me they only have one Marlin 60. It is a .357 magnum and costs 600 and some odd dollars. ???

So, I bladed at 45 degrees and left the area. ;D

I did see a Marlin 60 camo stocked Ducks Unlimited rifle, like new for $249 in the used rack

But I decided to hold off as the 4473 line was about 10 deep and I did not have the time to wait.

bkoenig:
Hey Dan,

I got a coupon for $20 off $150 of in-store purchases today, if you're thinking about buying anything.

I'm pretty sure the 795 is the same as the Model 60, except mag fed instead of tube fed.  If so it's a great gun.  A Marlin 60 was the first gun I bought with my own money as a kid.  I shot thousands and thousands of rounds through that thing back when a brick of Winchester Wildcat was $5.00.  I bet if you took a metal detector to the field behind the house I grew up in it would go crazy from all the empty .22 cases. 

Dan W:
Yes I really like tube fed .22's and the model 60 is one if the best, but it might be a poor choice for Appleseed unless a kid can master speed reloads with a straw

NE Bull:
Dan, thought of your lil army while cruising the used rack at Cabelas tonight. :D  Saw a Marlin model 75?  looked like a 60 only with a half tube. Then antother tube fed bolty? Anyways -cheap ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version