< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Do you have a $5000 Glock?  (Read 777 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Do you have a $5000 Glock?
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:14:56 PM »
I saw this at AOL ...... from the Huff-post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/taylor-paschal-placker-skyla-jade-whitaker-murder-oklahoma_n_1009774.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%7C104361

There is a $5K reward for a certain Glock 22, sold at an Oklahoma gun show.....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline RipTombstone

• NFOA Full Member
  • 44 spoke and sent lead and smoke and 17" of flame
    • Plum Creek Leatherworks
Re: Do you have a $5000 Glock?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 01:26:08 PM »
If they already have the SN# of the Glock, and know without a doubt that it matches the bullets fired, why would they still need the gun? Its not like the gun itself is going to give more info unless there would be an errant partial print on it somewhere.
Unless they are thinking that whoever bought it is going to have a description of the seller, and a receipt.
Seems strange.
RT
SASS Life 51139
http://www.freewebs.com/daltonmasterson/plumcreekleatherworks.htm

Facebook me at Plum Creek Leatherworks

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
My guess is that they don't have any sort of ballistics data for the gun.  They might have a suspect who they know previously owned the gun.  Now they want the gun to see if it is one of the murder weapons and strengthen the case against the guy.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
Personally, if I had purchased that gun I would not accept the reward / offer. 

1st reason:  I would not ever be happy knowing that I had purchased a murder weapon.  One used in self defense, not a problem, but used to actually murder someone?  No, never.

2nd reason:  It is the obligation of every citizen to assist law enforcement in whatever manner is best suited to the individual, to put dangerous felons in jail, when requested.  The LEO's in this case are making such a request.  I'd be glad to help them, and no amount of money would be required, only the personal knowledge that I have assisted them in putting the worst of our society away.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX