< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My kids...  (Read 2379 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: My kids...
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 08:33:02 AM »
I started my 7 year old daughter shooting about a month ago and she loves it.  We used a co2 pistol and my .22 sbr.  I waited until she started asking me to take her.  I wanted to get one of those pink crickets but I think I've spoiled her by starting with a .22 AR.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
I skipped the Cricket, I was told the kids outgrow them too fast.  Marlin 795 or 60, fairly cheap, accurate and something she can hand down to her kids. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 05:04:39 PM »
I think you can get longer stocks for the Crickets.

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
Thats fantastic, every time one of these threads start or is updated it gets me to thinking about being able to do this with my kids someday.  Just a few more years.  What did you have him shooting there, can't tell if thats a 22 or an old pellet gun.  By the way, I was talking to my dad the other day and he mentioned his all time greatest memories was teaching me and my brothers to shoot, we were all several years apart so he got to enjoy it 3 different times.  So enjoy these little things.
It's an old Springfield single shot bolt action .22. Very simple weapon, and the funny part is, he preferred it over my 10/22 that I took with.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."