< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun registration in Omaha  (Read 4890 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Gun registration in Omaha
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »
The Honorable William Gordon, in a speech to the House on Thursday, October 4, 1917, proved that the action of President Wilson in ordering the Organized Militia (the National Guard) to fight a war in Europe was so blatantly unconstitutional that he felt Wilson ought to have been impeached.

The Law, nor the Constitutions it is based on, means nothing to a Progressive, be he Wilson, the Won, or the Powers that Be in Omaha ...... just another obstacle to be dealt with on the path of "Progress".

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
Sorry folks, I don’t see Omaha ever giving up the ordinance concerning registration, not without as big a fight as they can make it.

One simple reason.  It’s a revenue stream.  $$$ in the city's pocket.  Sure, there is a small cost in the process required for the registration, but to a medium sized city the lure of $$$ is just too great for them to "shoot themselves in the foot" so to speak.   ;D

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »
...........I don’t see Omaha ever giving up the ordinance concerning registration, not without as big a fight as they can make it...........the lure of $$$ is just too great.............

I agree that Omaha won't give up gun registration without a fight, but I think it the motivation is political and philosophical, not financial. At most, the $10 or $15 one-time registration fee only covers the cost of processing the application and maintaining the database. It's not a significant revenue source like the wheel tax or restaurant tax.

Offline FreedomOne

• Forum Member
  • The USA! Of, For, and By the People!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 06:48:09 AM »
Wonder what it would really take to get all this "illegal" back to Legal? That is the real question!