General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Don't touch the merchandise?

<< < (3/3)

FarmerRick:
Rob and Hope(Exeter Arms) had a 1911 stolen at the Hastings show last Sunday around lunch time.

From what I've heard, that was the first time in over 20 years... but it can and evidently does happen.   :(

NE Bull:

--- Quote from: y0diggity on October 06, 2011, 08:29:24 AM ---Perhaps in the future, I'll try asking the vendors out of ettiquette. I guess it seems odd to me. :) I'll start wearing a shirt that says "I brought more than $7 for jerky" :D

--- End quote ---

Hey, YoD  I think your onto something with this whole tshirt thing.  ;) (kinda reminds me of ones my brother made for a couple friends for a buddy's wedding. The were bright yellow and stated: "I'm only here for the cake and beer'" He has been asked to go into production. 8) )

FarmerRick:

--- Quote from: NE Bull on October 06, 2011, 04:59:52 PM ---Hey, YoD  I think your onto something with this whole tshirt thing.  ;) (kinda reminds me of ones my brother made for a couple friends for a buddy's wedding. The were bright yellow and stated: "I'm only here for the cake and beer'" He has been asked to go into production. 8) )

--- End quote ---

What???  No pie??!?!!?

;D

RipTombstone:
I have always asked before picking up a gun from a table. If I am just checking markings on it, I might roll it over with out asking, but it is still technically on the table when I do that. Other small things, like reloaders, dies, etc, I usually dont ask if they are on the table, unless the owner is standing right there.

Now, on the other side of things, when I am set up with my leather gear, I dont mind people picking them up. BUT when they take out the dummy 1911 and try to shove the dummy XD into the 1911 holster, even though they are marked as to model, I get a little agitated.

I do have a few old original holsters on my table as a display as well. Those I try to keep to the back of the table, or on a rack where they are not handy to grab. Some things are NOT for sale at shows, but are used as examples instead.

As for losing merchandise at shows, I have not yet, but Run N Iron has lost a few items over the years. I think a scope or two was in the mix, but I dont remember any firearms missing.

RT

Ronvandyn:

--- Quote from: metaldoc on October 06, 2011, 09:41:11 AM ---Asking first is a matter of respect.  We gun owners need to continually do our best to present an image of responsibility and our behavior at gun shows is part of that.

A parallel is the Oshkosh Fly-in in Wisconsin.  It is noted for the cleanliness of the grounds and the politeness of the attendees.  If someone is so foolish as to throw a gum wrapper on the ground, one or more guests will be immediately picking it up and disposing of it properly. 

It would be nice if the same was said of gun owners in general.

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version