< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Firearms Auction - 10/29 - Springfield NE  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Firearms Auction - 10/29 - Springfield NE
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 10:39:48 PM »
All the buyer premium represents, IMO, is a different business model to generate income. I have no problem with that, I simply choose not to participate. But then again, I refuse to pay a car dealer a doc fee when I buy a car.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »
I believe that I will be at this one.  I saw several in the listing that I would'nt mind picking up.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 08:10:06 AM »
Tempting... But I think I shall pass. Good luck to those that check it out, let us know what you buy and for what price!

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »
Hey Rod--I'm getting mixed info from the auction site. Some places say ALL firearms go through you,others say out of state buyers. Can you clarify? RJ

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 02:03:02 PM »
Only out of state transactions go through me.

Let me know where the conflicting information is and I will try to get it corrected.

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:31 PM »
 ???  Under "details" if you read the bottom first without reading the preceding two paragraphs, you could be confused. No,wait....just me I guess. :-[

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:47 PM »
RJ,  we read from the top down.  ;)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
OH crap, Bills mostly paid up, OT check plus a profit bonus coming Friday, may have bike sold,  kids staying at mom's to see new baby cousin.  This is all too much, I may break down and have to go.
 BE STRONG BULL, BE STRONG......
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 07:38:50 PM »
Was planning on going, but cash was drained by an attack of the Milsurp Virus at Cabela"s ........ I spent my Deer Season Gas Money and am now scratchin'  to get that back...... it was not the cost of the guns, but the accessories ........ dies, brass, bullets, etc ....... that blew the budget all to hell .......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »
did anyone go to this?  how was it?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »
I went.

came out with a Remington Model 31 12 gauge ($125) and a small .22 auto pistol (cant remember the brand/model, $250), not including buyers premium or taxes.  Rod Moeller did a great job getting things to the buyers, and overall the auction was pretty good.  I didnt get to the 2nd ring where all the ammo and other things were being sold.

Many items that I thought would go high didnt.  Example, Ruger #1, 7mm Rem Mag, went for about $650.  OTOH, the M1 Garand went for about $1100, and it didnt look to be in that good a shape.  An insider told me to stay away from the small cal long guns as they had not been stored properly, so I didnt even go that direction.  Besides, I have a few already.  Almost all of the pistols went higher than I expected (specially the one I got), but a few went at what I would consider less than expected prices. 

The auctioneers did a fantastic job.  I had never been to an auction where ProxiBid was involved, so that was interesting.  Overall it was a good time.  100+ buyers in each ring and things moved along quite quickly.  Had to keep an ear/eye open for the things you were interested in. 

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »
The prices are listed on the website. Either the guns were junk, or the audience was sleeping. A lot of them went dirt cheap.

That was a great buy for the 31 if in decent shape. Some of the junk handguns went for more than you can buy them new for.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:08:07 AM by SBarry »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 11:11:50 PM »
The auctioneer gets paid, if the seller pays it, or the buyer pays it, it is the same as long as everyone knows who pays on the way into the auction.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
So, any idea who bought this one, and what it went for? I am curious since I inherited the same model from my Dad, I would like some idea of value for insurance reasons....

Remington model 24 rifle .22 short only, S/N 108970 w/ soft case camouflage color