General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

How many NFOA members out here in Central Nebraska?

<< < (2/3) > >>

metaldoc:

--- Quote from: RipTombstone on October 14, 2011, 07:24:43 AM ---
I always joke with my wife about us being Far Eastern Wyoming and not Nebraska. It seems that back East, Nebraska ends at about York....
RT

--- End quote ---

I met a guy in the service from Omaha.  When I told him I lived by York, and that it was in Nebraska he was perplexed.  He thought if you went west  past Lincoln you fell off the edge of the earth.

Lorimor:
Well, PlatteCo is east-central. 

I lived out in 21 county waaaayyy back when just after I got out of the USN.   Got laid off and had to move "back east." 

I'd still live out in the shadow of Scottsbluff if I had a way to make a living out there. 

JimP:
This would be the first time I have heard of North platte referred to as "central Nebraska" ..... I always thought of it as the eastern edge of western Nebraska.....

I hunt South central NE ........ SW Furnas and SE Red Willow counties ...... I would live there if I could, and probably will, someday.

RipTombstone:
Well see, Western Nebraska is a whole 'nuther state when compared to Central Nebraska, and Nebraska. N. Platte is just a border town like El Paso or York....... ;) ;) ;D
Heck, N. Platte might just lie in both states..
RT

sparky:

--- Quote from: JimP on October 14, 2011, 01:25:37 PM ---This would be the first time I have heard of North platte referred to as "central Nebraska" ..... I always thought of it as the eastern edge of western Nebraska.....

I hunt South central NE ........ SW Furnas and SE Red Willow counties ...... I would live there if I could, and probably will, someday.

--- End quote ---
I believe he is referring to Platte County. which is still a stretch for Central Nebraska...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version