< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Second Hand News -- Von Maur Signage?  (Read 991 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Second Hand News -- Von Maur Signage?
« on: October 13, 2011, 08:21:04 PM »
Today, while in the process of renewing, I chatted with a young man there to get his permit.  He told me that Von Maur has removed their "No guns" sign.

Not that I'm a regular Von Maur shopper (you're much more likely to find me at Bomgaar's), I'm just curious.

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Second Hand News -- Von Maur Signage?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
I think you could count the times I've been in Von Maur on one hand, and without my wife on one finger, but hopefully that's true.  I would like to think that cooler heads prevailed after the tragedy of a few years back and they realized the No Guns sign is only making it safe for criminals.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »
I too have no reason to go there, but I just may have to, to do some reconnaissance.  8)
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »
Oh Lorimor you know you buy your bath robe and Ho Chi Minh house shoes at Von Maur......

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 12:39:28 PM »
Oh Lorimor you know you buy your bath robe and Ho Chi Minh house shoes at Von Maur......

Shhhhhh!!!
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller