< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Feinstein urges national gun registration in wake of Fast and Furious  (Read 908 times)

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Feinstein urges national gun registration in wake of Fast and Furious
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
I'm shocked!!  Wanna bet certain exceptions would occur?  After all, the good Senator had a CCW permit while she was mayor of SF, which is something I'm sure she would have never allowed the commoners to acquire. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:01:06 AM »
My concern, Mr. Chairman, is that there’s been a lot said about Fast and Furious, and perhaps mistakes were made,” Feinstein said. “But I think this hunt for blame doesn’t really speak about the problem. And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything.”

Of course her concern is that a lot has been said about it: it makes her position on gun control (that Government should control the guns!) look absolutely ridiculous.

And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything.”

Untrue.  I can not just "walk in" and buy a Short barreled rifle, short shotgun, or automatic weapon.  A felon (who can vote in many states, including this one!) can not just walk in and buy any modern firearm...... Even law abiding citizens between the ages of 18 and 21, who may vote, who must register for Selective Service, can not just walk in and buy a handgun....... but the truth, nor the Constitution, has never been a deterrent to any Progressive, just another obstacle to be overcome.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:03:19 AM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 03:52:23 AM »
Yeah.....well screw her! She can take her national gun registration and shove it! The GOP is in control of the House and any such attempt would be crushed. Maybe she should take some points from Canada that is going to repeal their national long gun registration because it does 0 for crime prevention.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:50:16 AM »
Well as long as she only wants to register the guns of the people that were involved in Fast and Furious... ok   >:D
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »
Yeah.....well screw her! She can take her national gun registration and shove it! The GOP is in control of the House and any such attempt would be crushed. Maybe she should take some points from Canada that is going to repeal their national long gun registration because it does 0 for crime prevention.

I knew there were some calling for the repeal of the registration, but are they making any progress?  Once you allow this type of feel good policy on the books, it is hard to abolish it.  Even though there is no proof it does any good, most people think "well...it hasn't harmed anyone either".

Fly
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:21:00 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »
I believe the repeal has happened.  The thing that killed it was the cost, it was so many million over budget (something like two and a half times) that it could not be continued.  One of the provences wanted to continue the program just inside their provence and I don't know how that has turned out.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
I believe the repeal has happened.  The thing that killed it was the cost, it was so many million over budget (something like two and a half times) that it could not be continued.  One of the provences wanted to continue the program just inside their provence and I don't know how that has turned out.
Great news!  Another example that can be used to show that such laws are useless.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum