< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Enjoy TSA Highway Checkpoints When You Drive Through Tennessee  (Read 1485 times)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Enjoy TSA Highway Checkpoints When You Drive Through Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
Well, good thing i don't live in TN.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
It is too bad the majority of Americans will sit back and allow themselves to be treated like criminals when there is no just cause to be treated as such.  In the article it states these checkpoints are NOT in reaction to a credible threat.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:28:06 AM »
I was telling people that TSA would not stop invasive checks at airports. I said if they get away with doing it (invasive patdowns and naked body scanners) at airports then they will do it at stadiums and other crowd events (which is already happening). And then I said they won't stop there, their gonna go all the way to your everyday travel (cars). And viola its already starting.
Obviously this stuff is blatantly unconstitutional and violates the 4th Amendment protection from unreasonable searches and seizures.
"In Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347 (1967), the Supreme Court ruled that the amendment's protections do not apply when the searched party lacks a "reasonable expectation of privacy"." (Wikipedia)

Well I think the inside of our cars (cabin and trunk) qualify as having a "reasonable expectation of privacy". I hope this goes to court because I don't think the road checks will stand against constitutional scrutiny by the Supreme Court.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:39:03 AM »
Well I think the inside of our cars (cabin and trunk) qualify as having a "reasonable expectation of privacy". I hope this goes to court because I don't think the road checks will stand against constitutional scrutiny by the Supreme Court.

.......Yeah, and I thought "Public Use" in the eminent domain concept meant something the public uses, like a road ...... this same court decided not too terribly long ago that  increased prperty tax revenue was a public use (Kelo v. City of New London)......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »
The TSA is unionized. Unions want to grow their base. It makes perfect sense that they expand beyond airports, though, that is only one of many factors.

How can we stop this? I can only foresee the TSA growing in scope and size.

Radical Islam isn’t going anywhere and the future caliphate in the Middle East will certainly be producing higher quality attacks on the US.

Offline LazyAce

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 04:35:04 PM »
Shucks, I was in tennessee a week ago and must have missed the checkpoint. Maybe they didn`t think that someone from Nebraska whould be a problem. I go there every year so now that is something else that I have to watch for. Going through Illinois is bad enough.
LIFE`S SHORT---RIDE HARD

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 05:24:24 PM »
I'm sure glad the only one that denies it is the TSA's own site.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »
Now the TSA is patting down and searching luggage.... after passengers depart from a train ??? WTF!

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/police-state-update-tsa-pats-down-passengers-after-getting-off-train_02252011

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »
What legislation would it take to get the TSA armed? We the People are much more likely to allow the TSA, while unarmed, to snatch away our privacy and freedom. Goodbye to being secure in our persons and belongings while in a public place.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:04:15 PM by NENick »

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »
Can we force our state legislature to pass legislation making it illegal for the TSA to expand in Nebraska?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
My question is - How can one be forced to submit to a search after you have left the train? What is the reasonable suspicion that a security issue exists?

If I am getting on the train, I might or might not agree that it is a reasonable thing to search the passengers for security reasons.

But I can not see any reason to pat down people and search the luggage of passengers that have already disembarked... unless the police have probable cause to believe they can find evidence that you committed a crime, and a judge issues a search warrant, or the particular circumstances justify the search without a warrant first being issued.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 04:24:39 AM »
Our government is out of control..........:(