< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fremont Gun Show Nov 19 and 20  (Read 2120 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Fremont Gun Show Nov 19 and 20
« on: November 17, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
GUN SHOW
November 19th-20th
Fremont NE - Christiansen Field . Saturday 9-5 & Sunday 9-3. Buy. Sell. Trade.

anyone else going?  i am.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Fremont Gun Show Nov 19 and 20
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
I was out deer hunting.  How was the show?  I've not been to a show in Fremont yet.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
It pretty much sucked IMO. There were some OK deals on powder but that is about it. Gun shows used to be about getting decent deals. Now it is just a bunch of people selling things for retail prices - or even higher. And the prices on used guns were WAY out of line.

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:16:43 PM »
It wasn't their best show but there were a few deals. Saw a Ruger LC9 for $329 which is way below prices I've seen in stores in the Omaha area. I picked up a spare mag for a LC9 for $23 and a Ruger 25 round mag for a 10/22 for $22. (of course after I bought the 25rnd mag, Midway had them on sale yesterday for $17)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »
It was a typical RK Shows gunshow.  Lost of Chinese tools and knock-off milsurp stuff.

The local gun club's shows are much better, they don't allow as much junk.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »
i bought some nice AR parts.  cheaper or pretty close to online prices... but that was one guy.  others had stripped lowers for $100 to $150, which is outrageous.  its not as large as other Fremont shows, but it was ok i guess.  i was able to finish an upper and have extra parts for my next upper build.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »
Something to do on a lazy Fall Nebraska day while the Huskers get the crap beat out of them......

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »
It was not the worst flea market gun show this vendor has put on there, but there was also some empty tables.  Of course from a vendor stand point a game day gun show in NE is a bust.  Only thing I was looking for was .327 Federal related which is not popular enough yet to find local.  Friend with me bought some military surplus stuff he likes.  I find it odd that gun owners think that a vendor would close their retail shop, travel with expense, pay money to set up a temp. retail space, work on a weekend, and discount their inventory below normal prices from their shops because gun shows are where one gets things for cheap?  Gun show prices are always higher than every day prices because the dealer has increased expense and for sure is going to have to take trade in stuff. With this increased priced items they can offer over value trade on the used stuff, playing to the gun owner mindset that his hobby never looses money it is an investment.  The only fair deal at a gun show is when the seller and the buyer both think they got screwed.  If either one of them thinks they got a good deal then someone got screwed.

Gun shows are the place to buy Haz-Mat items without the charges, and find out of production items that one can not order every day on the web. and hook up with friends.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 10:39:57 PM »
you were there?  dang, i wish i knew, i would have introduced myself to you.