< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Mexico reciprocity list updated, now accepts Nebraska CHP  (Read 913 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
New Mexico reciprocity list updated, now accepts Nebraska CHP
« on: November 23, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/reciprocity-agreements/

The State of New Mexico has written reciprocity agreements or acknowledgements in place with Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Kansas, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: New Mexico reciprocity list updated, now accepts Nebraska CHP
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
About Darn Time!!

I drove to Albuquerque earlier this year.   Checked all the thru-state websites for NE reciprocity.

All was OK, Nebraska--Kansas--Oklahoma--Texas.    Full reciprocity with all those states.

Not New Mexico.   Didn't recognize Nebraska's CHP.   Tried my Utah CCW.   Didn't recognize Utah, either.

Finally checked my non-resident Florida CCW.   All was OK there.   So I could lawfully carry in NM.

Went to NM Department of Public Safety in ABQ to make doubly sure.    Asked for their reciprocity documents.   At that time they did not have the reciprocity website page whose address is shown up above.

They gave me a 1-page handout showing the www.handgunlaw.us website and that was it.   All from behind a big, thick plate glass window.

Glad to see that New Mexico is finally getting reciprocity right with Nebraska.

Now--It will be interesting to watch the US Senate savage the HR 822 National Reciprocity Bill.    And BHO veto it, should it just happen to pass the Senate.

sfg
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:01:31 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
Co-Founder and former Nebraskan Gunscribe lives in an otherwise undisclosed location that is rumored to be in New Mexico, and I have been bugging him to get active and fix this problem.

Maybe it worked?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:44 PM »
Brings the total # of states that honor the NE permit to 29!

Total # of states if you have NE and UT permits.....  37!

Here is a breakdown here of the states:

http://www.neccwtraining.com/id20.html

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »
And here I got my AZ permit this summer for the non-recip reason...... Oh well part of the collection.