< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Obama says he won't be bound by gun control ban in omnibus  (Read 968 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Obama says he won't be bound by gun control ban in omnibus
« on: December 24, 2011, 07:33:14 PM »
Obama says he won't be bound by gun control ban in omnibus
By Julian Pecquet - 12/23/11 04:11 PM ET

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/other/201243-obama-says-hes-not-bound-by-gun-control-ban-in-spending-bill

The Obama administration won't be bound by a gun control ban in the $1 trillion spending bill for 2012, the president said Friday.

The funding provision for the federal health agency says that "none of the funds made available in this title may be used, in whole or in part, to advocate or promote gun control." The language aims to ban taxpayer dollars from supporting gun safety research.

"I have advised the Congress that I will not construe these provisions as preventing me from fulfilling my constitutional responsibility to recommend to the Congress's consideration such measures as I shall judge necessary and expedient," Obama said in a statement as he signed the bill into law.

~Read more at the link~
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Obama says he won't be bound by gun control ban in omnibus
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
what's to be expected from a man who doesn't enforce other particular laws because he deems them unneeded or similar... without relying on the supreme court to make that decision (i believe it was in relation to marriage / gay rights stuff or something).

*sigh*
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
I would expect nothing less from this ya-hoo.
Frankly, I don't think Bocephus was very far off.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 03:33:48 AM »
Absolutely unbelievable! Impeach this president!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 08:01:23 AM »
Gotta love how he invokes the Constitution while stating he's going to flat out ignore it.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:02:45 AM »
The worst part is that both the executive and Judaical branches of our government are operating completely out side of their constitutional authority. And the vast majority of the county either dose not care because they think that these people are going to give them something, like other people's money, or are simply so wrapped up in their own lives that they pay no attention to what is going on. Bad days are at hand if this all is not addressed and soon.