< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TX: Police: Student Killed By Officers Carried Pellet Gun  (Read 557 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
TX: Police: Student Killed By Officers Carried Pellet Gun
« on: January 04, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2012/01/04/144690295/police-kill-armed-eighth-grader-in-school-hallway

I don't like the NPR at all, but there are plenty of sources of news concerning this.

Sad story :(

The above is a great reason to teach your kids about gun safety, even if you hate guns.

By age 15, the concept of "... pointing a weapon at someone immediately puts everyone in a life or death situation ..." should easily be understood.  ie: why to not point realistic toy guns at people, not to point an unloaded weapon at someone, etc.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: TX: Police: Student Killed By Officers Carried Pellet Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »
+1
exactly what I was thinking.  Too bad the media will make this about the gun and ,again, not the bad decisions made.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 12:15:33 AM »
15yrs old and in 8th grade, he was no Doogie Houser.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
This could not have happened in Lincoln.  Afterall, it is against the law for anyone to even carry a toy gun, let alone furnish one to a minor.  Of course, I don't know that a pellet gun is necessarily a toy.  What do you think?

9.36.060 Toy Guns or Slingshots That Discharge Dangerous Missiles Not to be Carried.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry about his or her person any toy pistol, toy gun,
or other toy arm or arms, or slingshot, out of or by which any leaden or other dangerous missiles
may be discharged. (Ord. 15625 §6; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.050: Ord. 3489 §9-104; July 6, 1936).

9.36.070 Minors Not to be Furnished With Toy Guns or Slingshots That Discharge Missiles.
It shall be unlawful for any parent, guardian, or other person having the care and custody of
any minor, to purchase for or give to any such minor or knowingly to permit any such minor to have
any toy pistol, toy gun, or other toy arm or arms, or slingshot, out of which any leaden or other
dangerous missiles may be discharged. (Ord. 15625 §7; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.060: Ord. 3489
§9-105; July 6, 1936).
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.