< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Womens Expo Jan 28, 29  (Read 1131 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Lincoln Womens Expo Jan 28, 29
« on: January 21, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
WHAT?  :o

This expo includes shopping, educational/informational booths, Shopping, Stage shows (I hear Elvis WILL be in the building), SHOPping, seminars on various topics of interests, and the may be some cute (omg I can't believe I said that  :-[ ) things to purchase.
(not to worry manly-men and gun-gals, the Lincoln 'Renagades' Gun Show is happening right next door.  ;) )  Learn more by following them on their FaceBook page! or at http://lincolnwomensexpo.com/
The NFOA will have a booth at the Expo to promote education/ legislation, sport shooting, and most importantly self-defense. (I believe our friends at the Game and Parks will be promoting some Outdoor opportunities).  We will have a few items to peddle, lot's of information, and AWESOME giveaways (including but not limited to; Gift Certificates from Thunder Alley, Discount beginner classes, Autographed item from Pro-Shooter Julie Golob, and books from author Kathy Jackson (aka CorneredCat) !
So Ladies, grab your BFFs and spend a Girls Day Out at the Lincoln Womens Expo. 
Stop by the booth and test/ show off your shooting skills to enter the drawings for prizes.
(Even bring your non-shooty girlfriends and let's see if we can 'turn 'em'. ;)   

(If you would like to help out with your time or products/ services, see my other thread in the member's section)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:32:40 AM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln Womens Expo Jan 28, 29
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! My wife is a shooter and CCW holder, we can make a day of it. We also have had some women from our church ask about handgun training in the area. We can let them know our NFOA booth will be there.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:38:08 PM »
I find this completely sexist.  What man doesn't enjoy a good candle, carry bag/satchel, tanning booths, and a nice manicure?  I think I will boycott it for just that reason.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »
I find this completely sexist.  What man doesn't enjoy a good candle, carry bag/satchel, tanning booths, and a nice manicure?  I think I will boycott it for just that reason.

Fly

Well, come on out, Fly we'll save you something pretty!  :))
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 09:09:41 AM »
Hey isn't there a gun show out there that weekend also.
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »

Daily Prize Packages

Our Booth down time (Elvis had left the building) Shantel Shootin' Zombies,  Jill reading and Learning
 Kim? out chasing people down somewhere  :laugh:
Thanks to all that helped, including Julie and gang, (sorry lots of new names, little brain ;) )
Were were busier than I ever could have imagined, sometimes with a line of waiting shooters, lot of folks with questions!  Only encountered a couple of anti's.  All in all a great turn out.
Warning to the bad guys,  There are a lot of great lady shooters in the area!

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »
Congrats to Jana Bishop and Claudia Fullerton,  Winners of the Womens Expo prize packages. 
Special thanks again to Thunder Alley for gift certificates, Kathy Jackson (cornered cat) for donating the books, and Julie Golob for the Autographed S&W hat!
As I stated before, the response was more than I ever imagined, I am actually thinking of doing it again next year.