< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tidbit for The Glockster Crowd  (Read 779 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Tidbit for The Glockster Crowd
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:04 AM »
Here's an Interesting Little Piece:

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/24/145640473/how-the-glock-became-americas-weapon-of-choice?sc=fb&cc=fp

However, they barely mention the Incredible Functionality of All Things Glock.  [At Workingman's Retail Prices.]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Tidbit for The Glockster Crowd
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »
I have read the book, though I completely disagree with the conclusions drawn at the end that are completely unsupported by any fact in the book (some are even contradicted), it is not a bad book that looks at the history of Glock in the US.  It covers the good and the bad, and even goes into why the good has won out over the bad.  In everything there is trade offs and risks, there are also ways to reduce those risks and the book does cover that. 

Unfortunately none of the review articles have come close to doing justice to the attempt that the biased writer made in being balanced.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Tidbit for The Glockster Crowd
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »
Interesting read. Taking would be customers to strip clubs? Odd way of doing business and I would personally not do business with someone if that's how they try to coerce me into buying their product. That said, a g19 will probably be my first semi auto pistol.