General Categories > Newsworthy

Negligent discharge shatters Lincoln newlyweds "perfect" life

(1/3) > >>

Dan W:
Negligent discharge shatters Lincoln newlyweds "perfect" life

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10553228

After the shotgun blast, Alaina Beasley screamed, fell to the apartment floor and cried to the shooter ? her husband of three months ? to call 911.

Alaina H. Beasley was shot Saturday night around 9:15 with a shotgun handled by her husband, Joshua M. Beasley, 21.
And then, in what were her final words to Josh Beasley, Alaina Beasley said, "I love you."

That's when the red-haired 20-year-old lost consciousness. Her 21-year-old husband frantically looked for their phone, did as his wife had instructed and called for help.

Alaina Beasley would have turned 21 on Friday.

Read more at the link

Please People always practice the 10 Commandments of Firearm Safety
 1) Always, always, always treat every single gun as if it were loaded!!!

2) Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. This includes watching your muzzle when you are transporting the firearm, reloading, dry firing, holstering.... AT ALL TIMES.

3) Always be sure of your target and what is beyond. Know where every bullet is going to impact!

4) Learn and understand your specific firearms mechanical operation before firing it.

5) Keep firearms stored unloaded and locked securely!

6) Do not handle firearms whenever you have drank any alcohol or taken any drugs (even prescriptions).

7) Never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot. (Even an unloaded one)

8 ) Keep your firearm clean and serviced regularely.

9) Always wear eye protection and hearing protection when firing.

10) KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE!

http://neccw.blogspot.com/2008/05/10-commandments-of-firearm-safety.html

JimP:
10 things are are a lot to remember, so Col. Jeff Cooper distilled it down to four:

1. ALWAYS treat all guns as if they are loaded, even when you think they are not.
2. NEVER "cover" anything with the muzzle you don't want destroyed.
3. KEEP your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
4. KNOW your target and what lies beyond it.

Even little kids can remeber these, by memorizing "AlwaysNeverKeepandKnow". It is what I taught my kids, and they have pointed out rule violations by others.

The Four Rules, combined with "The Golden Rule of Tool Use" ("If you don't know what you are doing, DON'T.  Get instruction from someone who does.") will prevent 99.9999 percent of these "accidents".

iiranger:
face of young gun owners to the public for the next couple years. "Oh yeah, you own a gun. You must want to kill your wife.. ha, ha" Because we have no on going positive public relations. Do the trap shooters, even the high school kids, get 0.10 of 1% of the coverage of the "Huskers," any "Huskers?" My uncle was a championship rifle shooter and got his picture in the year book, 75 years ago. Now no yearbook... !!

Mikee Loxxer:
Looks like the husband is going to be charged with homicide.

Dan W:

--- Quote from: Mikee Loxxer on February 04, 2009, 01:10:21 PM ---Looks like the husband is going to be charged with homicide.

--- End quote ---

WOW , I read this all wrong I guess. I was feeling sorry for the man, but now he is to be charged with some type of homicide on Friday. Official are not saying just what the charges will be

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version