General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Warrior Dash

<< < (2/4) > >>

OnTheFly:

The "Whats Included" page might tempt you NEBull.  The first thing on the list is "Free Beer"!  ;D

I think the entry fee might be worth all the stuff you get.  What caught my eye was the "Fuzzy Warrior helmet".  You can't have enough of those. 

On the downside..."No REAL Warrior weapons and/or firearms will be allowed.".

This sounds like a blast, but I am not much of a runner.  I am a reasonable biker (I pass most of the other 60-something bikers on the path), but I've never been very good at running.

Fly

bkoenig:
I saw that about the weapons, too.  I'm guessing it's because they have an after party with beer.

The entry fee is a little steep.  I think the last 5k I entered was only $20 or so, and that included a t-shirt.

Looking at the course I don't think there's actually that much running at any one time.  The whole thing is 5k, but it looks like it's broken up pretty often by obstacles.  So instead of running you get to climb a rope wall or crawl through mud :D

gsd:
I'll look into it, my phone is being a pain and not letting me load the page.  And I'm about to dive headlong into some accounting homework.  It hates me.

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: bkoenig on February 06, 2012, 06:42:43 PM ---I saw that about the weapons, too.  I'm guessing it's because they have an after party with beer.

The entry fee is a little steep.  I think the last 5k I entered was only $20 or so, and that included a t-shirt.

Looking at the course I don't think there's actually that much running at any one time.  The whole thing is 5k, but it looks like it's broken up pretty often by obstacles.  So instead of running you get to climb a rope wall or crawl through mud :D

--- End quote ---

AND jump over fire!  Also, with the $20 for the other run, you only got a T-shirt.  In this thing you get a t-shirt, beer, AND the fuzzy Warrior hat.  I was looking around for the actual distance of the course, but couldn't find it.  5k...that's like a hundred yards, right?!  ;D

Fly

OnTheFly:
Oh bother...I got my hopes up.  Thought I was home for the 10th, but I will be at work.

Fly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version