< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Where does he get this stuff?  (Read 658 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Where does he get this stuff?
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
Mayor Suttle is at it again.  This time, he's going to stop violent crime by cracking down on landlords with code violations. 

Details are still being worked out, but one plan will leverage the city's building code to put pressure on landlords who rent to violent offenders. The idea is to push problem landlords into confronting problem tenants, said Suttle spokeswoman Aida Amoura.

“When they're having to follow code, they're not going to be as lax on individuals who might be involved in criminal activity,” she said.

Huh?   ???

How in the !@#$ is that going to work?  I can't even begin to make a connection.

Full article: http://www.omaha.com/article/20120209/NEWS01/302099998/1013

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Where does he get this stuff?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »
 He can't afford more Police Officers, but he'll hire more 'building inspecctors?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
The idea is to push problem landlords into confronting problem tenants, said Suttle spokeswoman Aida Amoura

hmmmm. . .    sounds like he wants two groups that he considers to be a problem to confront each other.     I thought one of those "problem" groups handled confrontation with violence.  Isn't this just asking for MORE violence?  Is he thinking they will just take each other out and problem solved?

oh, never mind,  the proper use of "no illegal guns" signs will prevent the potential for violence.   I was a little slow on understanding the brilliance of the Mayor. 

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »
I'm hoping to buy a house this year...  will be getting out of Omaha.

I like the town, I really do.  Those in charge, on the other hand....
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D