< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Alan Gottlieb at it again  (Read 788 times)

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
Alan Gottlieb at it again
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:45:20 AM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-concealedcarry-il,0,331342.story

SPRINGFIELD, Ill.β€” A gun-rights group has appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court after a federal judge in Illinois ruled against allowing people to carry firearms on the street.

The Second Amendment Foundation announced Monday it's appealing the decision by federal district Judge Sue Myerscough.

Currently only Illinois and the District of Columbia prohibit the concealed carrying of weapons. Gun owners say that infringes on their 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Myerscough ruled Friday that the 2nd Amendment allows citizens to protect themselves with guns in their home but not on the street.

Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb says citizens "don't check our constitutional rights at the front door."

A similar Illinois-based lawsuit backed by the National Rifle Association remains in federal court.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Alan Gottlieb at it again
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »
Good, We gotta just keep beatin on them till they finally come around to our way of thinkin'. ( aka an "Attitude Adjustment" ;)
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Alan Gottlieb at it again
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »
Good, We gotta just keep beatin on them till they finally come around to our way of thinkin'. ( aka an "Attitude Adjustment" ;)

The beatings will continue, until morale improves :P