< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term  (Read 917 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:50:20 PM »
NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term

By Sean Lengel
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/feb/10/nra-official-obama-wants-outlaw-guns-2nd-term/

A top official with the National Rifle Association said Friday that President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights and "erase" the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.

While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president's low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was "a "conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep."

"All that first term, lip service to gun owners is just part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and hide his true intentions to destroy the Second Amendment during his second term," he said.

"We see the president's strategy crystal clear: Get re-elected and, with no more elections to worry about, get busy dismantling and destroying our firearms' freedom, erase the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights and excise it from the U.S. Constitution."

~Read more at the link~
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »
I don't trust Obama not to go after gun rights, BUT if he does get elected, hopefully the Democratic party will be begging him not to assault the 2A because of the fallout that will occur in the next election.  As I understand it, the Democratic party was sorry that the Clinton's instigated the AWB because they believed it hurt them in the following election.

I'm not saying I will sit back and trust that this will happen, but I've got a feeling we will have another 4 years of Obama.  If so, I'm hoping my theory is correct.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »
Given the chance Obama WILL put more Sotomayors and Kagans on the USSC.   Truly insidious and ignorant people. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »
Given the chance Obama WILL put more Sotomayors and Kagans on the USSC.   Truly insidious and ignorant people. 

That is true.  One of the most lasting things a president can do is affect the makeup of the federal courts.