Ammunition & Hand Loading > Cartridge and Shotshell reloading

Supplies...or lack thereof

(1/7) > >>

Aldo:
I don't know about anyone else....but I must have just been calling in or stopping by at Sheels in Lincoln at the wrong time....I just couldn't find primers for my .45 reloading for what seems like forever. :(

But they're there TODAY (02-07-09)! :)  I called this morning when I finished up at Ike's, and although I prefer Federal over CCI, all they had was CCI in the 1000/pk, so I had them put that aside at customer service for me to pick up later on.

I hear on the radio talkshows as well as on other website threads that supplies have been low or absent since the election.  What are other folks finding out about reload supplies for handguns?

P.S. Other than ordering my bullets online (much, much cheaper than Sheels), I haven't ordered any powder or primers online since I didn't want to pay any kind of "hazard" surcharge.

3oh8mx:

I noticed that today at Cabelas - the only 9mm bullets they had were 90gr Hornady's.

They had some loaded ammo 9s but not very many.

not sure what to think of it all...

-chris

Dan W:
I couldn't find any Federal small pistol primers at Gun's Unlimited today, but I did get a decent deal on lead #8 shot.  The counter guy there replied that they are having trouble keeping components in stock for reloading handgun calibers.

Rule#.308:
It's not just handgun calibers but rifle calibers too.  And the prices are going up on what little you find.  I'm pretty certain it will be a short term thing though, at least as far as supply, rest assured the price increases will remain. 

Randy:
Was lucky last Wed. at Scheels in Lincoln bought up 1000 Small & 1000 Large Pistol Primers.
The last they had in these sizes.
They had quite a bit of rifle primers at time I shopped.

The prices at Scheels was the best that I have seen in last couple of years @ 2.99 box of 100 and 26.00 a gross.

Bass Pro is selling 100 at 5.99 and no gross box sales.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version