< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Senator Kerrey, I hope not..  (Read 926 times)

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Senator Kerrey, I hope not..
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:40:14 AM »
So Bob Kerrey wants to come back to be our Senator.
So comfortable being a NYC liberal, I wonder if he will rekindle his old smoke and mirror act, fooling 50+% of Nebraskans into thinking he is a moderate, reasonable guy.
I hope Nebraskans see him for what he is, a party hack, always there for the cruicial Lib vote when needed.
Ben Nelson got his play book from Kerrey and see where that got us.
Maybe Bob can get out his Ruger red label and tell us he is a hunter again...

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Senator Kerrey, I hope not..
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »
I remember Bob's TV ad telling us we don't need cosmetically challenged rifles.  He also provided the vote to pass Clinton's big tax hike. 

Sounds like Rush Limbaugh in Nebraska, but elsewhere, he's a favorite of the Left.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
I would HOPE Nebraskans will see him for what he is and has always been: a self-aggrandizing, Liberal D-bag. Now he can add carpet-bagger to the list of his 'qualities'. 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »
I am reminded of the carpetbagger with the R behind his name who just left the Senate in 2009.... how'd that work out for us?

D, R ....... if they ain't from here (and I mean live and work here, not just raised here, moved on to become part of the political class), how can they represent us?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
Great another blow for our chances of taking away Senate Control from the Democrats. Maine GOP Senator Olympia Snowe has also just announced the other day that she is not running for re-election. I guess it won't be as easy as we first thought to take back control of the Senate.
I really hope Nebraskan's tell Kerrey to go back to NY.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
It will be interesting to see how the dems choose their man for the election...
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 05:27:24 AM »
I remember Bob's TV ad telling us we don't need cosmetically challenged rifles.  He also provided the vote to pass Clinton's big tax hike. 

Sounds like Rush Limbaugh in Nebraska, but elsewhere, he's a favorite of the Left.

Maybe, maybe not.  It seems the far left hates him and labels him a war criminal.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73561.html

Normally, I vote for fellow vets, but even though he is a high decorated combat vet, former seal, and Congressial Medal of Honor awardee, I wouldn't vote for him.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »
"Normally, I vote for fellow vets, but even though he is a high decorated combat vet, former seal, and Congressial Medal of Honor awardee, I wouldn't vote for him"

Fate and circumstance does not equate to being a good elected official....I offer you John McCain and John Kerry ("who served in Vietnam"- Limbaugh).....