< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Columbus Carry  (Read 976 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Columbus Carry
« on: March 04, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
I was just searching through the archives and was a little disturbed to see that cities can ban concealed carry. I noticed that Columbus was one of these cities. My parents still live there and I hope to go through all the hoops and turn in the ccw paperwork in May so I should hopefully be carrying by August. The posts I saw were several years old and I would like to know if anything has changed in Columbus. Gosh I hope concealed carry is legal there, that town has gone to hell in a hand basket with it's youth. My dad's truck has been broken into, my car has been vandalized by a gang, and a house down the street was spray painted by a gang; there is a cop that lives 2 houses down and is no more than 100 yards from either crime scene. That is one town I feel that needs to let people use a ccw.

EDIT: Sorry just did some research of the city ordinances and found out they changed this a while ago lol. http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Nebraska/columbus_ne/columbusnebraskacitycode?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:columbus_ne
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:44:57 PM by bradkoll »

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Columbus Carry
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:08:20 PM »
They only changed it cuz the new state law made it illegal for them to ban it. Cities and villages cannot ban concealed carry by CHP holders.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Columbus Carry
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
and Bradkoll, you can send a HUGE thanks out to those active members who 'beat down doors' in the legislature time and time again to get that bill passed.  There were many towns- Beatrice, Seward, Omaha (still working on that one to listen) Columbus, etc.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane