< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Magic Monday: Second win for gun rights posted in Colorado  (Read 605 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Magic Monday: Second win for gun rights posted in Colorado
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:41 PM »
Magic Monday: Second win for gun rights posted in Colorado

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/magic-monday-second-win-for-gun-rights-posted-colorado?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Dave Workman
Seattle Gun Rights Examiner

Monday, March 5 may have set some kind of record for gun rights victories, as the Colorado Supreme Court handed a significant win to Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCC) by upholding provisions of the state’s Concealed Carry Act (CCA).

Filing amicus briefs in the case were the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation and the National Rifle Association. Additional briefs were filed by the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners and the County Sheriffs of Colorado and Independence Institute. Opposing briefs were filed by the Brady Center, Colorado Ceasefire and Greater Denver Million Mom March.

In the process of striking down the ban, the state high court overruled the University of Colorado’s Board of Regents, which had prohibited concealed carry on campus.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Magic Monday: Second win for gun rights posted in Colorado - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/magic-monday-second-win-for-gun-rights-posted-colorado?CID=examiner_alerts_article#ixzz1oJ4U1lka
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Magic Monday: Second win for gun rights posted in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:18:13 PM »
Yep I am a part of the SCC group on facebook. Hoping to get a group started on campus when I transfer to UNO this fall. This makes me very excited to go to mortuary school in Colorado in the coming years!