< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: MILLER: Buying ammunition in D.C  (Read 968 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
MILLER: Buying ammunition in D.C
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »
By Emily Miller

February 27, 2012, 10:51PM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2012/feb/27/miller-buying-ammunition-dc/

In Washington, D.C., it is illegal to posses ammunition if you don’t have a gun registered. It is also unlawful to have ammo that is not in the same caliber or gauge as your legal gun. The penalty for holding a round of the wrong caliber is up to a year in jail -- as stiff as the punishment for illegal gun possession.

The guide says the sale and transfer of ammo is prohibited unless the seller is a licensed firearms dealer. Well, there’s only one legal gun dealer in the District, Charles Sykes, and he doesn’t sell ammo. He just transfers guns. That narrowed my search down significantly.
~more at the link~ if you can stand to read this crap
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Re: MILLER: Buying ammunition in D.C
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »
Talking about jumping through hoops !!!!

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 08:52:25 AM »
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that the only place you can buy a gun in DC is in the police department?

66bb
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »
Not too far off from that "spanish or english" gun safe exaggerated video thing someone else posted a lil while ago.

*sigh*
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
I have been following Emily Miller's column, documenting her journey to owning a gun (and she still can't carry it!) ....... makes me so glad I live in America!

Her latest column reports a small victory: the mandatory $250 4 hour "gun safety course" which was not even available in DC, has been made into a training video available for viewing free at the Metro Police Dept. ...... the libs are feeling the heat, and are not happy about it.  Were I in Emily's shoes, I'd be careful: It is often dangerous for the messenger  to speak Truth to Power.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »
Were I in Emily's shoes, I'd be careful: It is often dangerous for the messenger  to speak Truth to Power.

*Cough*Breitbart

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »
It's funny, bk, that "Truth to Power was a buzzword (phrase?) with the Left for decades ......

"Gonna Ride Across the River/Deep and Wide/ Where the Right Become the Wrong and the Left Become the Right....." - Dire Straights, Ride Across The River, Brothers in Arms .......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.