< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Monumental Movie Event  (Read 1427 times)

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
Monumental Movie Event
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:38:28 PM »
Kirk Cameron is hosting a one night Movie Event at select theaters across the country on March 27.  This movie is a wake up call for the US.

Here's the trailer...      

Check it out here for more info...    http://www.monumentalmovie.com/

Listings show it will be  playing in Omaha at AMC Oakview 24 and Village Point Cinemas

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Monumental Movie Event
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:17:59 PM »
Sounds like a good concept but it looks like he's dragging that flag on the ground in the still pic.  Apparently, he's been taking flag respect lessons from Michelle Obama.   :angry:

ETA: Here's a picture with a less obstructed view.  It appears that he is not dragging the flag on the ground but he could certainly treat it with more respect.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:20:28 PM by Mudinyeri »

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
Sounds like a good concept but it looks like he's dragging that flag on the ground in the still pic.  Apparently, he's been taking flag respect lessons from Michelle Obama.   :angry:

ETA: Here's a picture with a less obstructed view.  It appears that he is not dragging the flag on the ground but he could certainly treat it with more respect.

If you click on the link you can tell it isn't dragging on the ground, just crumpled up which is still reckless to me.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »
If you click on the link you can tell it isn't dragging on the ground, just crumpled up which is still reckless to me.

Pretty much what I said in my ETA.  :P

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »
Admittedly I can be pretty touchy about flag etiquette, but hey guys, here's someone willing to take a stand and point out the problems dragging this nation into ruin.  He's not being PC and playing along with the Hollywood liberals.  Kudos to him for taking this project on.  Looking past all that and concentrating on the way he's holding the flag is kinda missing the point and maybe just a little nit-picky.  I'm bettin' the Marines didn't carry a properly triangle folded flag up the slopes of Iwo Jima either...

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »
Admittedly I can be pretty touchy about flag etiquette, but hey guys, here's someone willing to take a stand and point out the problems dragging this nation into ruin.  He's not being PC and playing along with the Hollywood liberals.  Kudos to him for taking this project on.  Looking past all that and concentrating on the way he's holding the flag is kinda missing the point and maybe just a little nit-picky.  I'm bettin' the Marines didn't carry a properly triangle folded flag up the slopes of Iwo Jima either...

Oh, I (tentatively) give Cameron kudos for putting the project together (waiting to see it before I go 'all in') but he was posing for a picture, not planting a flag after having just survived a battle.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:04:02 AM »
Ditto what MetalDR said.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
 "not planting a flag after having just survived a battle.

Shame on John Wayne for filming "The Sands of Iwo Jima" et al.   With that kind of thinking, every war movie in which the flag is destroyed, torn, ripped apart or otherwise "desecrated" is offensive????   It's a movie for crying out loud.  And yes, I can say this as a former Naval officer myself, whose father and grandfather also served and were wounded (grandfather in WWII) in the Army defending that glorious flag.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »
"not planting a flag after having just survived a battle.

Shame on John Wayne for filming "The Sands of Iwo Jima" et al.   With that kind of thinking, every war movie in which the flag is destroyed, torn, ripped apart or otherwise "desecrated" is offensive????   It's a movie for crying out loud.  And yes, I can say this as a former Naval officer myself, whose father and grandfather also served and were wounded (grandfather in WWII) in the Army defending that glorious flag.

I think you're missing my point.

Cameron is not reenacting an actual battle or incident where the flag was "destroyed, torn, ripped apart or otherwise 'desecrated' ", he's just walking down the street, as it were.  Cameron is carrying the flag for effect ... nothing more, nothing less.  My (minor) point was that it would have been nice had he carried it with a bit more respect.

As far as U.S. military lineage goes ... mine flows contiguously back to George Washington on his mother's side.  Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China.