< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Never thought I'd see the day... Ted Nugent endorses Romney??  (Read 1036 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
https://twitter.com/?tw_e=screenname&tw_i=175680421462425601&tw_p=tweetembed#!/TedNugent

@TedNugent 

after a long heart&soul conversation with MittRomney today I concluded this goodman will properly represent we the people & I endorsed him
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Never thought I'd see the day... Ted Nugent endorses Romney??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
That makes my stomach turn.....

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:15:08 PM »
Yes, it does.  I see Romney as pretty much Obama lite, except he's not incompetent and actually knows how to get things done instead of being a stuffed shirt.  That could be very bad when in comes to the 2nd Amendment.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »
 (despair)

I am so tired of voting for the lesser of two (or more) weasels ......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
(despair)

I am so tired of voting for the lesser of two (or more) weasels ......

Yep.  The ONLY reason I think it makes a difference who wins is when it comes to appointed judges.  The next President is going to have a huge impact on the future makeup of the Supreme Court, and even though I disagree with Romney on a lot of things I think he's less likely to appoint another Ginsberg http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/06/ginsburg-to-egyptians-wouldnt-use-us-constitution-as-model/ to the court:

Indeed, Ginsburg's comments are not foreign to her overall philosophy. The justice has previously stated that she weighs foreign law as well as U.S. law when forming a legal opinion.
"The notion that it is improper to look beyond the borders of the United States in grappling with hard questions has a certain kinship to the view that the U.S. Constitution is a document essentially frozen in time as of the date of its ratification," Ginsburg told an audience at the American Society of International Law in April 2005.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
I see Romney as pretty much Obama lite, except he's not incompetent and actually knows how to get things done instead of being a stuffed shirt.

So .... which is worse?  An incompetent Progressive with a vision  of Collapse and Rescue By Totalitarianism with the full support of the MSM..... or a skilled Progressive trying to manage the Collapse with the MSM lock stock and barrel against him?

As much as I hate to say it ......... Ron Paul.  The drastic cuts he would make would bring the whole rotten thing down quickly, so we could recover sooner...... though I'd sure hate to be dependent upon the .Gov when it happens ...... for 50+% of the country, life is either going to suck, or end........ for the rest of us, life is going to suck, for a while ......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 02:16:35 AM »
So .... which is worse?  An incompetent Progressive with a vision  of Collapse and Rescue By Totalitarianism with the full support of the MSM..... or a skilled Progressive trying to manage the Collapse with the MSM lock stock and barrel against him?

As much as I hate to say it ......... Ron Paul.  The drastic cuts he would make would bring the whole rotten thing down quickly, so we could recover sooner...... though I'd sure hate to be dependent upon the .Gov when it happens ...... for 50+% of the country, life is either going to suck, or end........ for the rest of us, life is going to suck, for a while ......

Ron Paul and his son are the only people on Capitol Hill that stick to THEIR values. What you elect is what you get. Not some flippy floppy piece of poo.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »
Obama or Romney?  That's a tough decision.  On one hand you have a man who wants to ban your guns and has a fetish for socialized medicine.  And on the other hand, you have a fellow who has a fetish socialized medicine and wants to ban your guns...  ::)
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
Anybody but Obama!

....but the best person at this point in the game would be Ron Paul!

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
Ron Paul, Gary Johnson.  Both are awesome.

Something few people seem to realize is that Ron Paul isn't necessarily running for President (don't get me wrong, he is) -- but he's also leading a movement.

There are people who will always vote Blue.  There are people who will always vote Red.  Much like "lesser of two evils" or "not-Obama".

Ron Paul supporters aren't "just Republicans who will vote Red anyway".  They typically don't see the party lines.  If Paul doesn't get the Red nomination... they won't just blindly go with whoever the Red's pick instead.  Obama, Romney, Santorum are all about the same to Ron Paul supporters.

I have zero doubt that much of what has been going in the last 8 years with Ron Paul and such is paving the way for his son to make a successful attempt at the White House in a few years.  He's very much his dad's son... and Paul supporters will not go quietly into the night :).

Back on topic: yeah, I'm shocked to see Uncle Ted endorse Romney.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D