< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who will replace Hayes?  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Who will replace Hayes?
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:57:07 PM »
Reportedly, Chief Hayes has filed the requisite paperwork to retire from OPD: http://www.omaha.com/article/20120228/NEWS01/702289896

Any bets on his replacement?

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Who will replace Hayes?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »
Whoever it is they better sign off on NFA items. First thing I plan on doing when I move to Omaha at the end of the summer. I would apply for one in Lincoln but don't want to do a trust route if at all possible.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
Whoever it is they better sign off on NFA items. First thing I plan on doing when I move to Omaha at the end of the summer. I would apply for one in Lincoln but don't want to do a trust route if at all possible.
Don't go to OPD for that.  Go to the Sheriff.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »
Don't go to OPD for that.  Go to the Sheriff.

Thanks, that would have been awkward walking into the wrong place...

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »
Not awkward, just less successful.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »
Reportedly, Chief Hayes has filed the requisite paperwork to retire from OPD: http://www.omaha.com/article/20120228/NEWS01/702289896

Any bets on his replacement?

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:51:44 PM »
Ernie Chambers?  I hear he's looking for a job.  ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »
Ernie Chambers?  I hear he's looking for a job.  ;D

Fly

That was my first thought, which means you are deeply disturbed too
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 11:43:06 PM »
Whoever the next guy is, will likely be promoted from within..... Stay 2 years as Chief, then retire with another fat pension, laughing at the taxpayers of Omaha all the way to the bank, while he gets another Chief job somewhere else

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 06:51:31 AM »
+1 with Chris Z......I think how,much education I have, how many hours and how hard I work, how much money I make, and how little security I have for retirement as a small businessman.  Just broke even again in my IRA from the 2008 beating.  Alas, it certainly will never compare to a $3-4 million equivalent fund like these guys have and still have the opportunity before 50 to go somewhere else and do it again.  Don't get me wrong...I appreciate Chief Hayes and LEOs everywhere.  I was just too stupid not to have chosen a similiar career :)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »
From the Breaking Brad column in today's World Herald:

* For the third time in four years, Omaha is searching for a new police chief. May I suggest the search begin with a call to a good temp agency?

* You normally only see a turnover rate like that at businesses where people order food by talking into a clown's mouth.

* Omaha goes through police chiefs like "Spinal Tap" goes through drummers.

My commentary:

* Comparing Chief Hayes to "Spinal Tap's" drummers is unfair.  "Spinal Tap's" drummers did far more to decrease violent crime in Omaha.

* In related news ... there are rumors that Chief Hayes will donate his severance and retirement package to eradicate the national debt ... all of it.

* In one final blow to violent crime in Omaha, before his departure Chief Hayes will hold his last gun amnesty day.  All firearms must be of limited production, in NRA Factory New or Excellent condition and have a bona fide collector value of more than $2000.  (Appraisal certificates are appreciated, but not required.)  Chief Hayes expects his final amnesty day to all but abolish gun crime in Omaha.