< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Doomsday Bunkers  (Read 4193 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Doomsday Bunkers
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
I know we have all taken a look at the show Doomsday Preppers, well Wednesday the 7th there is a new show starting on Discovery right after Sons of Guns (9pm) called Doomsday Bunkers.  In the premier they will be visiting Nebraska and looking at some of the facilities that 88 Tactical has and doing some shooting with the founder of Signal 88 Security and 88 Tactical.  It gives a chance to check out some facilities that the NFOA may be able to make use of for activities in the future.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Doomsday Bunkers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Jsabbw

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »
Thanks to everyone who watched the show. Not a bad series. Hope to see all the members here up on the range or at the facilities soon.
Jason Wright

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »
I really need to get back for one of the advanced pistol classes.  I really enjoyed the basic carbine class.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »
I thought that they did a pretty fair job portraying Shea.  With a number of these doomsday/disaster  shows recently, the producers have intentionally portrayed preppers as crazy and fringe.  I hope the positive exposure is a boost for 88 Tactical's business!
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Jsabbw

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
We have had mostly positive reviews on the show. Glad some people watched and know that we do have good instruction.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »
I thought that they did a pretty fair job portraying Shea.  With a number of these doomsday/disaster  shows recently, the producers have intentionally portrayed preppers as crazy and fringe.  I hope the positive exposure is a boost for 88 Tactical's business!

A woman who was on that "Doomsday Preppers" show is a member over on Arfcom, and she said they selectively edited her segments to make her sound like a whack job.  Go figure.

Offline RifleKing

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »
The first rule of survival bunker is not letting anyone know you have one, certainly not on a nationally broadcasted TV show, in fact, what good will a bunker do you if 50,000 people show up there a month after a catastrophe?
"You don't know you need it, until tyrants come to take it away"

Thomas jefferson

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »
Good thing they have more than 50,000 rounds of ammo. :o

Seriously though, the bunkers primary function is for training and for use as a storm shelter.

- Shawn

"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com