< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Finally bought myself a 1911, but nothing fancy.  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Rule#.308

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Finally bought myself a 1911, but nothing fancy.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 09:08:01 PM »
I was at that gun show on Saturday and all I bought was a pound of powder.  I saw a lot of fun stuff though.  Jay, take a look at the Kimber I have listed on "Firarms for Sale" If you have big hands you might like how it feels.  I life just off 370 between Papio and Bellevue if you want to take a look at it.
Don't pick a fight with an old man.  If he's to old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 10:46:18 PM »
"Being able to have one in the chamber with the hammer down but off the pin and safety off is much safer than cocked and locked.  "

.....unless you drop it ......... and it lands on the hammer...... which means the muzzle is pointing up at ......YOU.      ....or you bump the hammer with anything (edge of the counter top, side mirror on the car, etc.)  ........

I carried my first 1911  in condition 3 (Chamber empty, loaded magazine) and drilled to rack on the draw because I was afraid to carry cocked and locked.  I had a cheap soft suede holster  that I carried in and did dry-fire practice with around the house before CCW was legal in NE........ several times the saftey came disengaged...... I just could not get past the mental image of a powder gas enema........   after being lambasted at THR by Lady Tam and ccwne.com by others, I got a quality gun and holster and carried the 1911 as it was designed to be carried: Condition 1.

Jay, it seems you got a better gun  than I did for just a mite more...... my Charles Daly set me back 400 bucks a few years back....... accounting for inflation, you got a helluva deal!

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »
Thanks Rule, but I'm out of the gun buying game for a while.  :'(

I sold 4 at the show in order to buy what I did.

Someday, I'll get something nicer than what I have, but right now what little money I have left is going towards ammo.