< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Texas lawyers offer $10,000 for George Zimmerman's legal defense  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Texas lawyers offer $10,000 for George Zimmerman's legal defense

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-30/news/os-george-zimmerman-lawyers-offer-10000-20120330_1_shooting-death-legal-expenses-legal-defense

5:48 p.m. EST, March 30, 2012

By Henry Pierson Curtis, Orlando Sentinel 

The National Association for Legal Gun Defense wants to contribute $10,000 toward George Zimmerman's legal expenses, a member said today.

More at the link
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Texas lawyers offer $10,000 for George Zimmerman's legal defense
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »
Unfortunately, that probably won't even cover his attorney fees to date.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
Looking at the size of zimmeran and the teen, a claim of disparity of force seems a bit far fetched, which is what he has to show to make it a legal lethal defense argument.  But then again its florida and race is involved... 

I dunno I read up on it for 5 mins.   Seems like a situation any of us could get into.  I personally would use a tazor or baton if I were playing night cop and leave the gun for a gun fight.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:06:57 PM by skydve76 »

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
I cant say but ive heard the pics of Martin are all from his early teens.   Rumor says he was 6'2 and broke zimmermans nose and was on top of him slamming his head into the sidewalk....that pic in my minds eye changes the media's biased scene completely....From the screams for help on the 911 call that were coming from zimmerman it seems like deadly force was his last option...Its really sad that a 17yr old was killed, they dont have the maturity to make good decisions...we need to train our kids to not be confrontational.  Confrontation with an armed person leaves them with few options....

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 01:55:15 PM »
I cant say but ive heard the pics of Martin are all from his early teens.   Rumor says he was 6'2 and broke zimmermans nose and was on top of him slamming his head into the sidewalk....that pic in my minds eye changes the media's biased scene completely....From the screams for help on the 911 call that were coming from zimmerman it seems like deadly force was his last option...Its really sad that a 17yr old was killed, they dont have the maturity to make good decisions...we need to train our kids to not be confrontational.  Confrontation with an armed person leaves them with few options....

Confrontation with anyone isn't a particularly good idea.  Zimmerman may well have been getting his ass handed to him and was justified in the use of deadly force but the dumb SOB shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.   I'm Monday morning QB'ing this big time but damn, how many times do we have to read accounts of a permit holder leaving a place of relative safety to confront a BG before it's understood that IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA!

It's a license to carry;  not permission to be a junior G-man.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:04:54 AM »
The Problem i see with this mess is

Regardless of who was right and who's wrong.
I feel they are going to Blame the Weapon, The CCP having being issued and The Stand your Ground laws.
It's going to end up not being about the people involved and the choices they made or didn't make.

I'm waiting for Obama to Step into this one using it as justification for what ever agenda he may have.
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »

Confrontation with anyone isn't a particularly good idea.  Zimmerman may well have been getting his ass handed to him and was justified in the use of deadly force but the dumb SOB shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.   I'm Monday morning QB'ing this big time but damn, how many times do we have to read accounts of a permit holder leaving a place of relative safety to confront a BG before it's understood that IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA!

It's a license to carry;  not permission to be a junior G-man.

I agree, ccw holders must be non confrontational...

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »
I just read a AP newsreel story about how biased the news media is... it's like a dog chasing it's own tail...

Or a snake eating itself.

I fear it may have caused some disruption in time and space... a nexus of the universe if you will, that will eventually envelop us all.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 08:07:43 AM »
I agree, ccw holders must be non confrontational...

I don't believe Mr. Zimmerman was being confrontational. What's wrong with following a suspect for the purpose of observing where the suspect is headed so that one can guide police to the location of the suspect once they arrive? Zimmerman didn't want him to get away, so he likely followed him so that he could keep track of where Martin went so he could point him out once police arrived.
We have a right to police our neighborhoods, we also have the ability of performing a citizen arrest and we have a right to protect ourselves if a suspect decides to attack us. Mr. Zimmerman did nothing wrong in my opinion, unless he attacked Martin first.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:26:09 AM by DanClrk51 »

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:06 PM »
I'm w/ you, Dan....

.....broke zimmermans nose and was on top of him slamming his head into the sidewalk..

If this was the case (Dunno, was not there), then Zimmerman was slow on the draw, IMO.

That and anybody worth shooting once is worth shooting twice.

If Zimmerman and the eyewitness are to be believed over the MSM version (which has already been shown to have been edited to make Mr. Zimmerman look like a racist). then Mr. Zimmerman was much more reluctant to shoot than I would have been in the same situation.  If he is charged at all, then I have to call shenanigans on somebody: either his story is false, or the charges are, one of the two.........

I have seen t-shirts out there saying "If you love your children, demand Justice for Trayvon!"  I would suggest that if you love your children, insist that they not dress like thugs and refrain from punching people, slamming people's heads into the ground, and/or telling them they "are going to die tonight" ...... 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:54:35 PM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.