< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin  (Read 8757 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 07:00:59 AM »
Like the last LEO "issue" Obama stepped in i.e. Henry Louis Gates and the Cambridge P.D., I think an invite to Trayvon's parents and Mr. Zimmerman for a beer at the White House is in order. 

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
What a mess. It would seem that those who have worked so hard to make the point that society is responsbile for the actions of an individual and therefore cannot be held responsible for what they have done now want to hold some one accountable for his actions. Talk about chickens coming home to roost.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »
It will be interesting to see the timeline.  Was Zimmerman already out of his vehicle when the dispatcher told him that he didn't need to follow Martin?  If so, did he turn back shortly thereafter to return to his vehicle?  Did Zimmerman ever confront Martin or was it the other way around as Zimmerman has stated?

It seems that an investigation has been ongoing but that Zimmerman was not arrested based upon the fact that the evidence corroborated his version of events.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
At least somebody believes in Mr. Zimmerman. Actually this case isn't really about Mr. Zimmerman, its about politics. They (the media, and the leftist population) have made this about racism (which it isn't) and about the Stand Your Ground law (which is not at fault, it will either convict Zimmerman or clear him).
All the usual anti-gun people have come out of the woodwork (Obama, Biden, Schumer, Bobby Rush) and called for a review of "gun" laws. Even though stand your ground has nothing to do with guns but the use of force.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-30/news/os-george-zimmerman-lawyers-offer-10000-20120330_1_shooting-death-legal-expenses-legal-defense
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:54:12 AM by DanClrk51 »

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
Whoever wrote this article should be banished from this country....

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2110471,00.html?pcd=pw-sl

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »
Sounds like charges may be coming tonight from what I've been reading.  The prosecutor is having a news conference this evening.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »
Murder 2nd degree
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »
I hope they release what they have for evidence that made them decide to press charges, or if they just caved to the pressure.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
Special prosecutor was talking like they don't prosecute based on pressure from outside, but rather based only on the evidence required to get a conviction
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
 Lift some weights, learn some wing chun (or Hapkido), it can a long way in avoiding this type of thing. So you dont get knocked on your back and have to shoot someone off you who is unarmed.

I do side with zimmerman though, and I think he will get off but because of how he handled it he will be drug through hell.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 07:47:32 AM »
Lift some weights, learn some wing chun (or Hapkido), it can a long way in avoiding this type of thing. So you dont get knocked on your back and have to shoot someone off you who is unarmed.

I do side with zimmerman though, and I think he will get off but because of how he handled it he will be drug through hell.

I agree, this seems to be pretty close to what Mr. Zimmerman has gotten himself into. Only he knows if it was worth it or necessary to save his life. What we who go armed need to take from all of this is that a situation we deem grave enough to deploy our weapons will more than likely result in a life changing event. Your life will never be the same again. This could be true if you dont pull your gun too. If you have never been assaulted you dont know what it can do to your mental and physical condition. We can only hope we make the right decision and it was worth all that will come afterward.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:50:47 AM by Wildgoose »

Offline bwarner

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
IF,the roles were reversed and a white kid was killed by a black man this would'nt even be in the news,would it.

Offline skydve76

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
BTW I know its not feasible for everyone to learn some non deadly self defense, but if you plan to play cop, you better.    The kid wasnt that big, he was tall sure but he was scrawny.  I had a big minority kid attack me in North O few years ago  when I worked at metro College, during lunch, because I wouldnt give a dollar.  He was intimidating looking as I a m only 5'8".  However, I lift weight alot, esp legs, and I was able to easily over power him and lock him up after he attacked.  After I let go and pushed him away he ran off with me keeping his pride.

He could of hurt me but the biggest risk was him getting my gun.  made me think a little if carrying actually makes it safer or more dangerous.  I still carry but its food for thought.

Kudos to my Don Hume for holding onto my gun.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »
I hope they release what they have for evidence that made them decide to press charges, or if they just caved to the pressure.

Its BS. They just caved to the pressure because they are afraid of a race riot. The Sanford Police department was forced to shut down the other day because 50 protesters locked arms and blocked access to the police department and the city just let it happen stating that people could do their business at city hall. Really?!!! Really?!!!!!!
They arrest abortion protesters all the time for blocking access to the facilities. These people are no different. They caused a govt building to shut down and didn't bother arresting them..........shows you how afraid they are of pissing off the dumb ignorant media fed mob of zombies.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »

On the contrary: He will be drug through hell because Trayvon Martin wasn't white & the city leadership and the state leadership is afraid of pissing off the racial bigots (you know those that only see that the color of Trayvon's skin was black).

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »
Sorry, but I think you folks are missing the boat on this one.   :o

Did Zimmerman kill T. Martin?  Yes, obviously, he admits it.  Was it justifiable?  I can’t say, and neither can you, we were not there.  We don’t know what was in his mind, we don’t know what the witnesses have to say, we are not sure who was attacking whom. 

Whatever happened to “It’s better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6”?  Mr. Zimmerman made a choice, and now he is getting his chance to have that choice judged based upon the law and by a jury of his peers.  He is also being given the chance to get his side of the story out, by him, on the record and in public.  Something that has pretty much been denied him by all the press jumping on board the “Racial” band wagon.  I see this process as a good thing, not something to be despised or feared.  Yes, it’s going to cost him a small fortune, but it seems that he has a competent attorney and I keep hearing about funds being set up for his legal defense.  When you make a decision of this magnitude there is a price that must be paid, and not just in cash.  Mr. Zimmerman made his choice, and now he is just beginning to find out what that price might be.  I’d be happy to donate to his defense fund, should some enterprising person set one up.

Self Defense laws are still evolving in our country.  We just finished one chapter here in our own state, and we didn’t get what we wanted.  I have hope for the future, that we as armed citizens will be able to make these decisions appropriately and have the force of law behind us as long as we remain within the law when making our decision.  In Florida they are charging Mr. Zimmerman, it’s how laws are tested.  There will be a winner as well as a looser, and in the end someone will be happy about it and someone will be mad as hell about it.  We know that day is coming now, Castle Doctrine is being tested in the courts of the state that has done more for gun rights than just about any other.  IMO, that is a good place for this to happen. 

I also see this as a learning opportunity for us, the NFOA.  Depending on the outcome of Mr. Zimmerman’s trial we will know what areas of the law we can place emphasis on and which are a looser at the gate.  For us here in Nebraska, I see this as a win no matter how Mr. Zimmerman’s trial turns out.  We gain a better understanding of how Castle Doctrine is and should be applied, and the areas to avoid. 

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 01:35:36 AM »
Sorry, but I think you folks are missing the boat on this one.   :o
I can’t say, and neither can you, we were not there.  We don’t know what was in his mind, we don’t know what the witnesses have to say, we are not sure who was attacking whom. 

Whatever happened to “It’s better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6”?  Mr. Zimmerman made a choice, and now he is getting his chance to have that choice judged based upon the law and by a jury of his peers.

1. Not sure how much you've been paying attention but we have heard what witnesses have said and it supports Mr. Zimmermans story. The evidence was also in support of Mr. Zimmerman's story. Have you read the police report? Therefore there was no probable cause for an arrest and Mr. Zimmerman should not have to go to court in order to defend himself. That's the whole premise of Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground, in that it shifts the burden of proof to the state to find probable cause in order to arrest him.

2. After all this media attention and prejudging by the public can you honestly say that there will be an impartial jury left anywhere in the country for him?! On top of that he's being tried in Sanford?!! Any other case of this magnitude he would be moved to a different jurisdiction so that there can be a fair trial.