< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Midwest Militia acquitted of sedition charges  (Read 660 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Midwest Militia acquitted of sedition charges
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:29:09 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/27/us-usa-crime-militia-idUSBRE82Q16Z20120327

(Reuters) - A federal judge on Tuesday acquitted seven members of a U.S. Midwestern militia group of all major sedition and conspiracy charges against them, two years after the FBI began arresting them following a long undercover surveillance operation.

I... could have sworn there was a forum post about the initial investigation / trial proceedings, but alas - I can't find them. Basically, there was signs of framing and other such stuff mentioned in the older articles.

Now, these guys aren't exactly the types any of us would endorse... talks of getting into an open firefight with LEO ... but it's nice to see the judge in the case keep speech separate from sedition.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Ross Berck

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Midwest Militia acquitted of sedition charges
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
In prison for two years...the group will probably have a warmer feeling towards the gov now....

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:12:34 AM »
What scares me is most of us understand the original intent and reason behind the Second Amendment, But Heaven forbid anyone "Talk" about carrying out the very ideaologies that built this nation and made it what it is today.  Like it or not, but little skirmishes like the Civil War, were simply sovereign states and people utilizing the rights afforded and guaranteed to them in this little thing we call the the Constitution.  The Founding Fathers wanted the People to question the Government and hold them to the standards set by said People adn the People's Constitution, even if that meant the taking-up of arms. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
NE Bull:

One of the reasons why I mentioned appreciation of the Judge separating speech from sedition :).

As far as talk of generic anarchy... I'm not a fan.   Being military raised, I prefer plans, tactical goals, etc.  A generic deadly force confrontation with a random LEO is absolutely atrocious.  It accomplishes little other than getting random people killed with no clear goal.  Contrarily, he battle of athens video recently posted in the forums shows effecting a goal :).
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D