< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: I don't really understand the gold and silver hoarding.  (Read 2692 times)

Offline DarryH

• NFOA Full Member
I don't really understand the gold and silver hoarding.
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:13:23 AM »
If people are so worried that we might be attacked by terrorist, or maybe even our own countrymen, why are they buying up gold and silver??????  If the S__t does hit the fan......who knows how much silver or gold it takes to buy a loaf of bread, or formula for a baby???
Will it hold value when there is nobody to buy it?????
Real value will be found in guns, ammo, water, toilet paper, booze,
cigarrettes, baby formula, fuel, coffee, and possibly even food.

After WW!!, England are huge parts of Europe had to do without all sorts of basics. Many in the US sent care packages overseas, to help anyone in need. Coffee and sugar were two items that were so valued, that people paid rent and bought more important groceries with these commodities. Not much has changed since then.
I wonder how much a Twinkie will be worth?????
How about a Coke?????

Keep this in mind before you tie up all your money in metals.

Good Shootin!!
DarryH

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: I don't really understand the gold and silver hoarding.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
 I'm sorry, DarryH I still plan on investing in metals. But MY metals include Blued and/or Stainless Steel, Brass, Copper, and Lead.  :P

Seriously, I'm with ya. I plan on being prepared to take care of me and mine. I'm not sure gold or silver taste very good.  8)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
gold will not protect you as good as a gun and will not feed you as good as a gun, true neither will keep you warm at night, but the animal fur will keep you somewhat warm.

people can go ahead and invest in gold.  its too expensive for me anyway.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline birddogne

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
  I think the best thing to do is let all the rich people by up the Gold and Silver now.  Then when the collapse does come, I can trade my extra food, water, and essentials (that I have stock and they haven't), for their gold at inflated prices.  Then lets see who comes out rich on the other end.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
***snip***lets see who comes out rich on the other end.

IMHO, during a time of crisis, the "rich" ones are the ones with food, shelter, protection and friends/family.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »
It has started here in KS. 
Today I had picked up a nice vest at Cabelas for my younger brother last week. Today I delivered it and was paid in AMMO! (WWB .45ACP)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline gibbs459

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »
Metals have prooven to be a good investment clear through history. You can follow metals clear back through ancient Greece. Investing in metals as a hedge against inflation has created more millionaires than most other ventures during desperate times. Look at the last depression here in our own country. People who had the forthought to change their cash into tangables like gold and silver were buying up city blocks of realistate for as little as a few oz of silver. When the markets started comming back they were sitting on land! Lots of it!

I'm not saying Beens and Bullets are not a priority. You should have the necessary supplies to keep you going first. Once you have your home in order, I don't think its a bad idea to start investing in your hedge.