< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Thug makes prank calls to 911, causes issues all over Lincoln  (Read 856 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
One of the homes SWAT swarmed belongs to a good friend of mine.  Their daughter got mixed up with some not so good folks.  I doubt any of the upstanding citizens on here would run with folks such as this dude, but I wanted to throw it out there in case anyone happens to see this dude. (This may be one of the few times I am interested in helping Mr. Cassady.) 
I am glad I hadn't went to check on their house, like I had planned while SWAT was there.  Could have been interesting. Their son did and got ran off by officers!

The man police believe made a series of prank calls that set off an hourlong scramble by local emergency responders Tuesday has a lengthy criminal history, Lincoln Public Safety Director Tom Casady said Wednesday.

Police were still unsure where to find 22-year-old Troy L. Smith, Casady said, adding, "If you know, we'd like to know."

A man believed to be Smith called the city's 911 Center at about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and said he saw a man with a can of gasoline in the front yard of 4049 N.W. 54th St., Lincoln Police Sgt. Jeri Roeder said.

The situation escalated when the caller claimed part of the house was on fire and people were in the basement. Someone was holding a gun to a woman's head, he claimed. Then, he said, a woman had been shot in the shoulder.

At one point, Casady said, call takers actually thought they heard gunshots.

See Photo and Read more: http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/report-of-gunman-sends-police-scrambling/article_e4db0c7b-198a-57f2-a61b-331d1b6921ae.html#ixzz1qpn0P2b2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Thug makes prank calls to 911, causes issues all over Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »
I was leaving work that afternoon and had to pull over at least a half dozen times between Mathis and West O on NW 48th for all of the emergency vehicles. Almost made me think it was a practice run for a terrorist attack.

"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »
Thus why telephones should be banned.....

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »
Thus why telephones should be banned.....
Thus why certain people should not breed. ;)
I will not go into specifics, but most of you can imagine why (at this point) this story is applicable to our cause.   8) 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane