< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2 more handguns...  (Read 1188 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
2 more handguns...
« on: April 04, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »

Christmas came early this year.
Model 500
Glock 23 Gen 4

The Glock is pretty interesting. The serial number is SRH000, I feel so special  ;D

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: 2 more handguns...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
Very nice, looks like you've got some breaking in to do...  Have fun, and maybe put that bandaid back on before you head to the range.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »
you're gonna have to knock that crap off and let us buy some guns dammit.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »
you're gonna have to knock that crap off and let us buy some guns dammit.

OCCUPY bradkoll's GUNSAFE!  THE 1% OF S&W 500 OWNERS MUST SHARE WITH THE REST OF US!

;D

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »
bradkoll...........

Three New Guns in One Short Week???

Let's apply some solid inductive logic to this here situation.   The applicable syllogism follows:

You are known to be a Student.

Students are known to be poor.

It is widely known that Poor People can't afford to purchase non-essential items, like guns.

However, Government programs provide Essentials to Poor People.

Therefore, you have stumbled upon some kind of Government Program that provides you with guns.   [Or Gun Subsidies.    Or Gun Stamps.   Gun Entitlement.   Whatever.]

Must be through Eric Holder and the Department of Justice.    Like Guns to Mexico.

Christmas and Your Birthday.

Do you really want to fire that Model 500 with your Banged-Up Thumb???    Better use the Weak Side Hand.

'Preciate your sharing.

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
bradkoll...........

Three New Guns in One Short Week???

Let's apply some solid inductive logic to this here situation.   The applicable syllogism follows:

You are known to be a Student.

Students are known to be poor.

It is widely known that Poor People can't afford to purchase non-essential items, like guns.

However, Government programs provide Essentials to Poor People.

Therefore, you have stumbled upon some kind of Government Program that provides you with guns.   [Or Gun Subsidies.    Or Gun Stamps.   Gun Entitlement.   Whatever.]

Must be through Eric Holder and the Department of Justice.    Like Guns to Mexico.

Christmas and Your Birthday.

Do you really want to fire that Model 500 with your Banged-Up Thumb???    Better use the Weak Side Hand.

'Preciate your sharing.

sfg

I have been saving for many many months. I gave up a lot of other activities I normally would have done, and honestly I feel it was worth it. Also learned of selling plasma a little over a year ago so I made an extra $200 a month while doing homework or watching movies they show in the plasma center. I don't need to worry about my thumb rubbing on the 500 since it sits much higher than my thumb compared to the 642. I actually placed the 500 on layaway back in January when I saw it drop to a very low price (relatively speaking) so it would stay locked in. Buying locally would have cost about $1300 with tax, I paid just a tad more than $1000. Heck Cabelas sells used ones for more than I paid.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 06:42:25 AM »
I had a good friend make his Motorcycle payments with 'blood money". It never dawned on me to apply that logic to firearm purchases.  Hmmmm....
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »
Many Years Ago............

While an undergrad at Alabama Polytechnic Institute  [now Auburn University], fellow Tekes and I--when we were empty of pocket--would all pile into one car and travel some 30 miles to Tuskegee Institute and Sell Our Blood at their clinic.

As I recall, we got $15/pint.    Room rent was $12/month at the frat house, so we paid our rent for a month and had money left over for beer.    Beer was about $0.25/bottle, as I recall.   

We never thought about buying S&W 500s at the time.   No imagination, I guess.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer