< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 45 calendar days; UPDATE!!!  (Read 17191 times)

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
Re: 45 calendar days; UPDATE!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »
RJ- I did it.  I didn't get it on day 45.  I asked for my temporary or full permit and cited the NE Code.  In the end I got it on day 48. 

Read my post titled similar to this post for the full story :-)
"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
RJ- I did it.  I didn't get it on day 45.  I asked for my temporary or full permit and cited the NE Code.  In the end I got it on day 48. 

Read my post titled similar to this post for the full story :-)
Good on ya!!!  Thanks,RJ

Offline Howard C

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2012, 05:37:37 PM »
I have sent out SEVERL emails over the last few days, starting with the Governor. The only response I’ve gotten so far arrived today from a Lieutenant Shelton, at the NSP office.

“Mr. Christensen, thank you for your email of May 17, 2012 sent to the NSP Webmaster wherein you expressed your concern with the fact that you had not received you Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) permit from the Nebraska State Patrol within the 45 day statutory limit.

The Nebraska State Patrol (NSP) is mandated by law to accomplish the task of issuing these permits and does take this responsibility very seriously. The Nebraska State Patrol has staff working extra hours to attempt to meet the enormous amount of requests that have come in for these permits.

Your permit was received on March 8, 2012 and has now been through the final administrative processing as of May 18, 2012 and is being placed in the state mail system as of that same date.”

Which is GREAT, but as I said, I was told two weeks ago that it was approved and only needed to be printed. It’s just hard to believe it takes two weeks to print an permit. I don’t know….maybe they should update their  printer if it’s that slow and then they wouldn’t be behind? LOL

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2012, 10:47:48 PM »
One interesting fact about the mandated 5 day renewal/45 day new permit is that there is no penalty in law applied against the NE CID Office, NE State Patrol, or anyone else if the permit is not issued on time.

It must be just a Class X Mini-misdemeanor.    With no penalty.   No fine.  Nothing.

Not even time on the Time Out Stool.   Or much of anything else.

Looks formidable on the books.   But the Guilty Parties will have no criminal record.

sfg
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:40:29 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2012, 03:07:06 PM »
Got it today. That was damn fast.

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »
I think I have a year to go before I have to renew, but maybe I need to start the process now. It sounds like NSP has dropped the ball and should have hired more people to process the permits. Especially if they wrote the Statutes. What is really sad is some of you guys are having to wait longer than I did for my security clearance to be processed when I went overseas. And I didn't have to provide that as many finger prints as we do for the CHP.
"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
One interesting fact about the mandated 5 day renewal/45 day new permit is that there is no penalty in law applied against the NE CID Office, NE State Patrol, or anyone else if the permit is not issued on time.

It must be just a Class X Mini-misdemeanor.    With no penalty.   No fine.  Nothing.

Not even time on the Time Out Stool.   Or much of anything else.

Looks formidable on the books.   But the Guilty Parties will have no criminal record.

sfg

Very well stated SFG.  I couldn't agree with you more.   

This goes back to the gentleman who I quoted about license plate renewal.  We better not dare renew our license plates even a day late or face the penalty....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:12:46 PM by just_me_mongo »
"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:17 PM »
Well the next step up from State Patrol would be the FBI, right?  Maybe we should be asking the FBI to ticket someone at the NSP   >:D
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »
Mongo:

Congratulations on your Brand New NE CHP.

Now.......Go for those other certs we discussed, as well.

And Everything Else.

There's never an end to the Learning.    That's the Wonder of It All......

sfg
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:25:33 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »
Ram Ringer...you are not able to renew until within 4 months of expiration.

Offline gwilly

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
Initial CHP issued on day 60......after two polite & respectful calls to CID.
1st call made on day 45, second call on day 59. If not for the second call & getting "moved to the top of the pile" I'm sure it would have been another 3 to 4 weeks.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:11:42 AM by gwilly »

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »
Too bad the NSP doesn't follow the law and just issue all those permits to get caught up!  Once they printed all the licenses they could take their own sweet time to finish up the paperwork. 

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
Spoke to a nice lady at CID this morning and after telling her who I was and what I was looking for, she asked for birth date confirmation.  Heard the clicking of some keys and she advised that I was approved, paperwork was complete and my license should be in the mail by Friday. (today was day 54)

I await.......................................   

Offline Shadow Wrestler

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »
Talked to the CID yesterday (day 45). Application was processed but hadn't been run through the background. Hear they lost a member unexpectantly due to medical reasons and that's pot hasn't been filled yet. She put a "rush" obit so well see how quick that rush works...

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »
Today is 45 days for me, will be calling tomorrow, or stopping in person at CID office.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
Today is 45 days for me, will be calling tomorrow, or stopping in person at CID office.

One of my buddies called and set up a time to come pick his up.  I would recommend this, as you won't have to wait for the license to be printed.  He was assertive, yet nice and didn't have any problems getting his permit.

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2012, 08:40:43 PM »
One of my buddies called and set up a time to come pick his up.  I would recommend this, as you won't have to wait for the license to be printed.  He was assertive, yet nice and didn't have any problems getting his permit.

I was thinking about that.  Perhaps while on the phone I could politely ask if I can come pick up my temporary permit? Going off of name, ( and having one of the most common names on this green earth) it may take longer than the 45 in order to be approved.

Offline HuskerXDM

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
I was thinking about that.  Perhaps while on the phone I could politely ask if I can come pick up my temporary permit? Going off of name, ( and having one of the most common names on this green earth) it may take longer than the 45 in order to be approved.

Your name shouldn't matter... you could be Sadam Osama Bin Hitler Manson and you should get your permit in 45 days or less. 

If I were you, I would call, but don't ask about a time to come in... Huskersforever called in the morning and went in that same afternoon.  It doesn't take them long to print it.  Be nice, but you've hit 45 days and you should have your permit. 

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »
Your name shouldn't matter... you could be Sadam Osama Bin Hitler Manson and you should get your permit in 45 days or less. 

oh hell now my stomach hurts from laughing.  so much for going to sleep!

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »
Just spoke with a nice woman at CID. Approved and it is printing now. I'm going in at noon to pick it up.

She did say average is unfortunately about 60 days.