< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hide-a-gun  (Read 932 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Hide-a-gun
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:24:08 PM »
http://www.hideagun.net/home
This guy had posted on Craigslist. 
Not a bad idea, hide'em in plain sight.  Thieves go for the safes/ cabinets in the bedrooms/ man caves. Fashion some sort of lock and these would be pretty secure.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Hide-a-gun
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:13:40 AM »
Not a bad idea at all, as long as YOU can keep it a secret...  ;)

Sportsmans Guide has been selling something like that, but using a clock, for many years.  Good for this guy for taking the idea a little further.

I think it would be improved by having a little bit fancier frame, and use something better than OSB for the "base" that attaches to the wall.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Hide-a-gun
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
the first thing that came to mind when i saw this was "now, you too, can be Mossad!"

can't have too fancy a frame Rick, otherwise the BG's might try to take the picture too lol!
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.