General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Should NE schools to teach patriotism or progressivism?

<< < (3/3)

AAllen:
I was there as well and went to one of the break out groups to discuss Civics, I guess I kind of over ran the "educators" in the group taking my strong stance against the activism requirement.  I kind of hammered that issue to death and from the three pages of notes the moderator had on the issue it may have done some good.

If you were unable to attend you can still file your comments via email (add link here, i don't have it with me)  There are several members of the State Board of Education that are highly interested in your position, yes there are those that will follow whatever the "Academics" say, but those that listen to the people will make changes right up to the time that this is finished in about December.

Phantom:

--- Quote from: wallace11bravo on April 26, 2012, 09:41:35 AM ---+firearms safety education

Why do we teach how to cross the street safely, fire safety, drivers ed, drug ed, sex ed, but no mandated firearms safety training?

--- End quote ---

I asked the same thing a while back in a diffrent thread

I have to agree I think firearms safety education should be taught in schools

It's not like we all live on or visit the family farm Weekly any more.
If your 40+ and no military experience then most likely you first learned (at least around here) to shoot On a family Farm.
Now that being said..... that education could be widely varied

So I still feel there is a need for it.
Maybe if they learn at a young age Firearms are not toys.
Then they might be less likely to pick one up and use it as a solution for every thing later in life.

There is a reason our Fore fathers wrote the bill of right and the order in which it appears

1.  Freedom of Speech, Press, Religion and Petition

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2.  Right to keep and bear arms

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

There is a reason they wrote it in that order....!

We need our Kids taught that ........ and every thing it contains as well. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version