< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska still recognized  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
Nebraska still recognized
« on: April 28, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »
New Mexico just completed re-evaluating the state CHL's it recognizes. Nebraska is still on the list of recognized states.

Right or wrong New Mexico state law has always been; as stringent or substntially similar.

Until recently New Mexico recognized nearly forty states and now only five. Knowing what the law has always been I was perplexed as to how some of the states were recognized in the first place.

This fix like it or not (and I don't) brings New Mexico into compliance with its own law. There will be some of us working on this but it is going to take time.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Nebraska still recognized
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 07:56:22 PM »
Can you provide the 5 states?

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
Gunscribe..........

Last time I was in Albuquerque (summer, 2011) Nebraska CHP was not reciprocally recognized by NM. 

Had to carry on my Florida license.   [NM didn't recognize Utah, either.]

The NM Department of Public Safety office in ABQ was of little help.    I went there to inquire about reciprocity.    The lady handed me a printout of handgunlaw.us literature and then refused to discuss it.    Or anything else.   "It's all there on that sheet." was all I could get from her.

Anyhow, glad to hear that we're back on the list, since I'm going back to ABQ in a few weeks.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
La Luz, NM

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 09:44:33 PM »
Well it looks like one of the 6 reasons listed that they will not recognize another states permit will be going away soon.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »
The sooner the better Andy!   Ooops, did I do that?
La Luz, NM

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »
Number 4. on that list definitely has got to go. Is that the one your talking about?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »
Yes, it's a little something that Gunscribe and I have thrown around and placed the hounds onto the trail of.  This is being addressed as we speak, just wish I could find a good client to get it taken care of here in Nebraska.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 08:08:57 AM »
Insane....I acquired an AZ permit last year to carry in NM.  Now it (and of course my non-res UT) are no good.  Glad they recognize NE now. 

For what its worth Scribe...it is my hope that the states that did recognize NM will start booting them off their list.   Maybe the whole mess will straigthen'em all out.