< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Open Carry in Omaha Directly from Marty Conboy (Omaha City Prosecutor)  (Read 12018 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Open Carry in Omaha Directly from Marty Conboy (Omaha City Prosecutor)
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »
Ms. Watts should talk with Mr Conboy and consult state law.

Omaha does not have the power to regulate the transportation, possession,  registration or ownership of a handgun by any person that possesses a valid concealed handgun permit.

edit to add

ec. 20-206.  Carrying weapons.
(a)   As provided in section 20-192, the carrying of a concealed weapon is expressly forbidden.
(b)   In all other cases, it shall be unlawful for a person to go armed with a loaded concealable firearm of any kind or to knowingly carry or transport a concealable firearm in a motor vehicle, provided, however, that this section shall not apply to the following persons:
10)   Persons possessing a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm under Nebraska Law.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:05:19 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »
Dan W,

That is how I interpret it......

SFG is one of my more astute brethren, so I was curious if he knew something I didn't (besides higher engineering and math) or I misread his post.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 12:24:53 PM »
When Omaha recognized the Nebraska Permit to be able to carry concealed in Omaha they also recognized it as being the equivilant of their open carry permit, so you do not need the OC permit to open carry if you have a CCW.

The note from the National Safety Council, they want your $100.  From the comments I have heard from people that took either the CCW course or the open carry course from them is their classes are poor and are just a way for them to discourage people to carry firearms while takeing your money.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »
I concur, they just want your money.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
When Omaha recognized the Nebraska Permit to be able to carry concealed in Omaha they also recognized it as being the equivilant of their open carry permit, so you do not need the OC permit to open carry if you have a CCW.

The note from the National Safety Council, they want your $100.  From the comments I have heard from people that took either the CCW course or the open carry course from them is their classes are poor and are just a way for them to discourage people to carry firearms while takeing your money.

I have heard the same thing from more than a few people.   ::)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
Again, sorry the recall failed.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 06:06:04 PM »
It may have failed in the vote, but he knows that he better not upset the two voters that kept him from going down. His new taxes will get him voted out if he runs again.